Howdy everyone! Curious to know if anybody else has had DATA connection issues while an eVeek theme is active.

The situation: I purchased the "Pink Heart" theme for my wife's 8100 and when I got it installed and active, I could not, for the life of me, get connected to the EDGE network. As soon as I reverted to a packaged theme, the EDGE network was ready and willing. Tried battery pulls, re-installing the theme, etc. Nothing! I read in the 8100 forums of one other person having the same issue. How about any of you folks?
    06-06-08 05:22 PM
    This has not happened to me and I've used quite a few themes, although not the specific one you're referring to.
    06-06-08 05:41 PM
    Could it be that the theme simply can't tell you it's connected to EDGE? Have you checked elsewhere on your phone to see what kind of network it is attached to?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-08 05:51 PM
    I have a couple of themes from them and the data connection seems to be working ok.
    06-06-08 06:15 PM
    yeah i've never even heard of this problem!
    did you try using internet/email data to see if it works?
    06-06-08 07:53 PM
    sorry to thread hyjack but instead of posting a new similar thread, I thought I'd post here.

Do these free eveek themes cost us a lot of memory in the BB?
    06-06-08 07:54 PM
    The amount of memory used really depends on the theme. It'll tell you when you download, and then you can make the call if you want to download it or not.
    06-06-08 08:39 PM
    sorry to thread hyjack but instead of posting a new similar thread, I thought I'd post here.

Do these free eveek themes cost us a lot of memory in the BB?
    I actually paid for this particular eVeek theme which is even more of a bummer that it doesn't work.
    06-09-08 06:03 PM
    Could it be that the theme simply can't tell you it's connected to EDGE? Have you checked elsewhere on your phone to see what kind of network it is attached to?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Edit... going to check.
    06-09-08 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD