Hi

I am getting an error when trying to install v4.7 of desktop manager. It's apparently a microsoft error that says "extractor.exe has encountered an error and needs to close". Then it offers to send microsoft a notification of the problem.

I have not had much success ever getting help from microsoft in these situations. Any ideas?

Thanks

dnk
    06-14-09 07:32 AM
    I can't solve your Windows problem, but I can suggest you use DM 4.6 instead of DM 4.7. DM 4.7 tries to automate the OS upgrade process. That will cause you problems when you attempt to upgrade yourself.
    06-14-09 08:28 AM
    try reinstalling .net 2 and 3 and reinstalling windows installer 4.5 might help out
    06-19-09 01:36 AM
    4.7 is known to be buggy, as per jeffH suggestion, use 4.6 is a better option

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 08:37 PM
    I had a similar problem when i went to do the update, I tried and tried to get it to work but it would never do it. I uninstalled DM then tried to reinstall, still wouldn't work.

Well I finally decided to try again and closed all other stuff I was doing(Internet, word and excell all at once) and it worked.

I don't know if this helps but it did for me..
    06-22-09 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD