I have an 8310 (4.5.0.66) and DM 4.6
    Whenever I try to backup my data I get "error backing up data" and no error code or what the problem might be.
    Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    08-28-08 06:59 AM
    I have an 8800 with 4.5 OS using DM 4.6, and I started having this same problem today myself.
    08-28-08 06:24 PM
    I have the same problem with my 8330 running 4.3...127. After some searching, I traced it to a corrupt Browser cache file. Tried clearing the cache, but it didn't help. Otherwise, the browser is working perfectly.

The workaround for doing backups is to go in the Advanced section of DM Backup/Restore, select everything *except* Browser cache and then click the left arrow to start the backup.

You may/may not have a corrupt cache, but this method will also help identify which file can't be backed up. Try selecting all the files, then the left arrow, and watch for which one fails. That's the culprit.
    08-28-08 10:35 PM
    One other things to note if you don't realize it already. You can select each file individually from the pane on the right side and click the left arrow between the panes. That's another way to find out which file is the problem.
    08-29-08 03:33 PM
    tomvb, after following your advice i was able to isolate it to a bad browser folder. I just cleared the file and the backup went as smooth as ever. Thanks for the advice
    08-30-08 03:08 AM
    Good to hear - glad it helped.
    08-30-08 11:47 AM
    I had the same problem tonight. In my case it was a bad brower push database. Cleared it and everything is working well now
    11-10-08 08:42 PM
    One other things to note if you don't realize it already. You can select each file individually from the pane on the right side and click the left arrow between the panes. That's another way to find out which file is the problem.
    My problem is that i've managed to declare about 7 different things to error on me and i've lost patience :-P lol
    01-30-09 04:22 PM
    Yea, it got that way for me as well before I upgraded to DM4.7. Haven't had the problem since, so either that or the combination with OS4.5 on the device is what fixed it for me. HTH.
    01-31-09 02:23 PM
    Same thing since upgrading to 4.5 OS. Kept stopping on SmartCard Options then Bluetooth options then Browser Channels but could do the single file backup. Oddly enough clearing the browser pushed content from the device solved it for me. Can now run the backup from single click and all is well.
    05-13-09 03:33 PM
    Where are you backing up to? I had a similar problem, clearing the cache or being selective with what I was backing up didn't change the error. I was backing up onto a server on my network, for whatever reason I backed up onto the local harddrive and that solved the problem.
    05-10-11 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD