First off I am a BES Admin.

Was updating end users phone (8330) now error 507

Here is what I have tried

Device Manager
    Apploader
    Apploader /NOJVM
    JL_Cmder
    Rebooted reinstalled, uninstalled, etc.....

I have tried multiple device managers, latest, CD etc. Downloaded the loader files twice from VZW.

I Appreciate any help.
    06-12-09 11:03 AM
    Error 507 i believe is the error for the device need a os installed.....connect your bb go to
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In motion\App Loader\Loader.exe and run it make sure before you do you have the current os you want to install installed in the computer
    06-12-09 11:29 AM
    You probably interrupted the update some how
    06-12-09 11:30 AM
    I ran the update yesterday and it went to the reboot phase. I waited over 3 hours on the reboot without touching it. Hourglass spinning and spinning. Finally gave in (my fault) and yanked the battery.

Yes it was over 3 hours!

I have tried apploader. I have tried latest device manager. Uninstalled that one, tried the one on the CD. My rep is stopping by today to drop off a few new storms, I am just going to get a new curve and use this one as a doorstop.

I have fixed this error in the past. I just dont like not being able to fix things.
    06-12-09 11:40 AM
    Something happened during the update use JL Cmdr Wipe the device then reload the os its still save able i Had this happen once to me with my 8350i and i just re did the process and it worked perfectly
    06-12-09 11:43 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

This should do the trick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 11:44 AM
    I came across that thread yesterday. Tried that one. I am going to call VZW and then RIM. I will post my answer to help others.
    06-12-09 12:08 PM
    When that happened to me it wouldn't reload the os because I had it checked to put everything back on the device after the os instal. So I had to go in to advanced options and uncheck that in dm. It took me 2 hours on the phone with vzw to figure that out.
    06-12-09 12:16 PM
    You are part way there, you have removed the previous OS, resulting in the 507 error.

From your description, I belive the BlackBerry Desktop Software and the Device software are correctly installed and configured.

If you run Applications Loader from the BlackBerry Desktop Manger or directly from the command line, does it recognize your device PIN number?

If it does, everything is correctly set for a rebuild.

In my experience, the process takes about an hour, including the time spent waiting for it to reboot to startup. Three hours was long enough to wait it out.

Try it again, you have nothing to loose at this point.

Some members have reported success after several tries. Good luck.
    06-12-09 12:18 PM
    I will give that a try. On hold with VZW anywyas.

Thanks
    06-12-09 12:19 PM
    I am running it from the cmd line. I have tried from too. It does see the PIN. I can even use JL_Cmd to wipe.
    06-12-09 12:26 PM
    That is good news, it means the Sun Java component is intact and functioning normally.

When you select the Application Loader, it should connect to and read information from the device, leaving you at the Device Application Selection screen. This is a list of the core and optional software with tick boxes to choose which components are installed.

When you press the Next... button, it should start the loading process.

Once it is running, it is in the geeks hands, the software will transfer or fail.

There is one more suggestion, have you tried an alternate carriers device software package? Look for links to the most recent release for 8330 in the Curve subforum.
    06-12-09 12:35 PM
    Not a bad idea maybe a beta version will work. Too bad VZW wont allow me to download old versions.
    06-12-09 12:54 PM
    Here was the answer from RIM that worked. I removed the battery, duh. But then did the apploader with the battery out of the phone. Yes that worked.

I also was standing on my left foot while picking my nose!
    06-12-09 01:18 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-236552/

There is a clear and important distinction between carrier supported software and beta code.

Our member help track the latest releases from the major carriers. In this case, Telus, a Canadian carrier, currently supports the latest version released.

Beta code can have specific features disabled so it does not interefer with the testing requirements. Power saving features and additional monitoring software are common. Leave them to the testers, their work will result in improved software all around.
    Thanks everyone for the ideas
    I did misuse the word beta. I am a storm user and have VZW so I know about not having a carrier supported software.

Thanks again for all your help
    06-12-09 01:20 PM
    Here was the answer from RIM that worked. I removed the battery, duh. But then did the apploader with the battery out of the phone. Yes that worked.

I also was standing on my left foot while picking my nose!
    Really? I have just tested that on my Curve, it works. You learn something new every day. Thank you for sharing.

Update: Members have reported success after numerous failures with the following technique:

Remove the Battery, then run the Loader program. It works.

Credit to jamesyouwish for the no battery technique
    06-12-09 01:22 PM
    It is amazing the funny things you have to do to fix problems. I do miss my 6200 series blackberry! Never had a problem with the monochrome ones.
    06-12-09 01:38 PM
    I did misuse the word beta. I am a storm user and have VZW so I know about not having a carrier supported software.

Thanks again for all your help

As I posted before that happened to me and what I said before was the fix. I also had the storm at the time. Try what I put. It works. Then once loaded you can put your stuff back on it from when you backed it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD