I have an AT&T Bold 9000 and an AT&T home Uverse WiFi router. When I turn on BB WiFi it recognizes and signs on to the router and the wifi logo goes white. All seems good. But when using the browser the wifi logo goes grey. Even left to itself, the logo goes white --> grey --> white etc. by itself. When grey it still shows it is connected to the router, but cannot use the wifi signal - it reverts to mobile connection (which is spotty in my home and why I'm trying to lock on to wifi). In services it shows the router name with a white line instead of check mark. Other wifi devices in the home (laptops, MS Mobile phone/PDA) lock on and stay connected. Router shows the BB is connected and assigned IP address - so does the BB. I have reset the router, phone and this reoccurs.

So in your opinions, is my issue that the spotty mobile phone connection is required to maintain the wifi link?
    10-14-09 12:48 PM
    do you have any kind of password to log on to your router? if so did you type it in correctly? Try rebooting your router (just unplug it and plug it back in)
    10-14-09 12:54 PM
    do you have any kind of password to log on to your router? if so did you type it in correctly? Try rebooting your router (just unplug it and plug it back in)
    Good suggestions, but the password is entered correctly, and stored in the BB profile. It has no trouble logging on - just won't maintain the connection. And as I wrote, I have re-booted the router.
    10-14-09 12:58 PM
    So in your opinions, is my issue that the spotty mobile phone connection is required to maintain the wifi link?
    Are you running WEP security on your Bold?

Also, check out my thread on this issue...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f65/wif...ed-out-232912/
    10-14-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD