i woke up this morning and looked at my phone to see that thousands of messages were missing. there was no particular pattern except that all of my texts and bbms were gone and tons of email were gone but not all of them. all of the messages that i received today are still on there though

any insight?

thanks
    07-19-09 09:42 PM
    BlackBerry has settings in the message box that determine how long messages are kept.
    Message Box > Menu Key > Options > General Options > scroll to the bottom to determine how long you want messages kept on your device.
    My device (BlackBerry Curve) needs about 12 MB of memory in order to run the OS. If the internal memory dips below that it will begin to delete messages in order to sustain that level. That could have been the case if you say you have thousands of messages stored on your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 10:25 PM
    Yeah like stated above if you go to options>status post your file free number back here. I have a feeling that's the issue, memory too low.
    07-19-09 10:29 PM
    yup it is most likely memory

it as stopped erasing messages now but it still deletes my recent call log
    07-21-09 09:25 AM
    do you have a media card?? if so any pictures or music that is on your device memory, put it on your media card in stead. make sure you close out all apps when you are finished with them.
    07-21-09 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD