I have a text message that will not delete. I have deleted messages before and after this one. I have tried turning off and removing the battery. The message still remains...any suggestions? I have the 8300 Curve.
    10-22-07 01:02 PM
    Pull the battery when the phone is still on and let it reset see if that helps.
    10-22-07 01:04 PM
    I removed the battery while still powered on...replaced the battery and tried to delete...still won't delete! Any other suggestions?!
    10-22-07 01:11 PM
    Does it say anything when you try to delete it or does it just not do a thing?
    10-22-07 01:12 PM
    I just doesn't delete. I have deleted other text messages to the same number sent before and after. I have tried it from all the ways I know..for example delete prior messages, deleting it by itself.
    10-22-07 01:19 PM
    hmm got me. Not sure what else it could be then
    10-22-07 01:41 PM
    This has happend to me numorus times. I find that if I delete the txt message and then remove the battery with the phone still on that it will clear the message out. Becareful to not keep trying to erase it as I think it will erase other messges.
    10-24-07 06:45 AM
    thanks...will try that!
    10-24-07 09:27 AM
    that you saved it to the archives and it is open in the saved file?
    10-28-07 10:00 AM
    I just wanted to say Thank You for the previous person who posted suggestions for the inbox not deleting SMS text message. I had to create an account just to say Thank you and that it worked. Its been driving me insane for the past 24 hours. Even Tmobile Blackberry support couldnt solve it.

Thanks Again!!!
    02-05-08 10:40 AM
    bcassaro, you are spot on. Your fix worked like a charm on a text that was tormenting me for weeks. Thanks
    01-28-09 10:22 AM
    same as Ufgirl81. works for LG Shines as well. thank you so much bcassaro!!! i've had a txt in my inbox for months
    04-08-09 09:53 PM
    I can't seem to erase my missed calls, etc, from my call log. My phone is not allowing more calls to be logged on the phone.!? When I attempt to delete them, it just stays on DELETING with the little black rectangle, and it doesn't delete them!? I also have 200 messages I can't find, that says I ahve 200 messages, so I guess my memory is full. (I changed email passwords and didn't realize why I wasn't getting emails on my phone for 2 days) So these 200 messages that I can't see...are probably from those 2 days!?
    CONFUSED!? any ideas>
    08-19-09 05:22 PM
    Thank you bcassaro-this worked!!
    11-04-09 10:02 PM
    yay worked!! and mine was actually a BBM message, instead of a text message. Had been hanging around for weeks and wouldn't let me delete it. Deleted, then removed the battery with the phone still on. When I turned it back on, voila GONE. Yay
    Last edited by mchavis; 08-10-10 at 08:27 AM.
    08-10-10 08:23 AM
    I can't seem to erase my missed calls, etc, from my call log. My phone is not allowing more calls to be logged on the phone.!? When I attempt to delete them, it just stays on DELETING with the little black rectangle, and it doesn't delete them!? I also have 200 messages I can't find, that says I ahve 200 messages, so I guess my memory is full. (I changed email passwords and didn't realize why I wasn't getting emails on my phone for 2 days) So these 200 messages that I can't see...are probably from those 2 days!?
    CONFUSED!? any ideas>
    Mk, from your open, main messages folder press Menu/Options/General Options. For "Hide Read Filed Messages" select No, For "Hide Sent Messages" select No. Back out and save. Now what does your message list look like?

Deleting the now visible messages may also solve the inability to delete from the phone log. Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 08-10-10 at 10:06 AM.
    08-10-10 10:02 AM
    Thank you bcassaro!!! I also created an account just to thank you for your help. I had more than a few messages that had been tormenting me. Truly grateful to you.
    Cheers
    11-07-10 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD