10-06-08 06:58 AM
- I have a work issued 8330 on the enterprise network. I am using the outlook calendar for appointments but concerned because when sync'd with company laptop my calendar is shared with my company back east. I dont want my appointments or anything for that matter to be seen.
I see a feature to "mark private" but I hoped to do a one time setting that would keep all calendar info from being sync'd. In other words, i would still sync with the email portion of Enterprise Outlook but the calendar would be blank on the company's end...100% hidden.
I am considering asking if I can go back to my treo palm phone (realize it wont support enterprise) since palm is such a better contact management app and wont be shared.
Any tips would be greatly appreicated ~ many thanks!!10-05-08 07:03 PM
- jeffhRetired ModeratorI'm not aware of any global privacy setting for calendar appointments. I set individual appointments to Private as needed. If you have a work issued device, you should have no expectation of privacy in anything you do with it. For example:
Can a BES administrator read my PIN and/or SMS messages and see my phone call logs?
Yes, if the BES is version 4.1 or newer and the device is o/s code 4.1 or later.
- Starting with BES 4.1, the BES admin can log all PIN and SMS messages to the BES server, including the content of those messages.
- BlackBerry Messenger messages and conversations can also be audited by the BES administrator.
- In addition, the administrator can view all phone calls made/received to the device including date/time, number dialed, and the name of the person you are calling or who called you if that name is listed in your contact list.
Source: BES Users FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ10-05-08 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD