Enterprise App store?
So I keep on hearing and reading sort of anecdotal stories about private enterprise app stores being the new trend and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me. . .what exactly is an enterprise app store and what ecosystem do you feel is in the best position to take advantage of this alleged growing trend?
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
11-26-12, 08:02 PM #2
- 9,399 Posts
My understanding is that there are two ways this can work. One is for apps that are exclusive to your business environment. Instead of having to submit your apps to the general app store, you would have a private store for your enterprise users to connect to and get your proprietary apps. The other option is for businesses that lock down their phones from apps to allow a curated collection that would be available to their users. Maybe IT has decided that Angry Birds is OK, but DropBox is not. They could have a private app storefront that would only allow their approved apps.
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-26-12, 10:26 PM #3
- 175 Posts
I'm working with mobile fusion and playbooks and we have a "work" section of appworld that is created when the playbook is activated on mobile fusion.
From what I have read and been told by RIMM. I can load the install file(s) for apps into mobile fusion (BDS) and they will appear in the "work" section of appworld that my users can download. These apps that we have approved will have access to the work data on the playbook (or future BB10 device).
I was hoping I could "approve" apps that are in appworld and have then appear in my "work" section, but it appears that I need the install files to load to make an app available.
- By Jackal in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 26Last Post: 10-08-08, 11:09 PM
- By Semi5 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 2Last Post: 10-06-08, 08:43 AM
- By BBAddict8808 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 8Last Post: 10-05-08, 09:40 PM
- By JasonBourne in forum Apple iPhone/iPadReplies: 2Last Post: 09-18-08, 08:47 PM
- By jrau13 in forum T-MobileReplies: 7Last Post: 08-11-08, 08:32 PM