Is there a way to enter directly into Bedside mode from a convenience key? I know you can assign the clock app. But I was wondering if anyones tried that. I'm running 5.0.1015 on the S2. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 12:27 PM
    Is there a way to enter directly into Bedside mode from a convenience key? I know you can assign the clock app. But I was wondering if anyones tried that. I'm running 5.0.1015 on the S2. Thanks.

as much as i've played around with the phone, there is no way that i know of to do that.
    12-21-10 01:12 PM
    Natively, I don't know if there is a way. I know shortcutme has a "bedsideMode_Toggle" function, and that could be configured to activate on a double-click of a convenience key. I would presume QuickLaunch is capable too, but i don't use that app, so can't speak to its specifics.
    Last edited by linuxdaemon; 12-21-10 at 01:25 PM. Reason: It's not "it's", It's "its" :)
    12-21-10 01:25 PM
    Are you sticking with 1015 for anything in particular?
    12-21-10 01:30 PM
    Are you sticking with 1015 for anything in particular?
    why not? its a good stable os, especially with a hybrid build
    12-21-10 01:37 PM
    I know once you are in the clock application all you have to do is click the b button and it goes into bedside mode.

BBMINI likes this.
    12-21-10 01:55 PM
    I know once you are in the clock application all you have to do is click the b button and it goes into bedside mode.

for the storm, thats a little more involved than going through the menu.
    12-21-10 02:08 PM

This is great! Thanks you! I never knew you could press B from the clock to get into bedside mode. Very cool!

12-21-10 02:13 PM
    Ummm, broken bedside mode, OpenGL??? 517 is a good stable OS, 1015 is not.
    12-21-10 02:13 PM
    Thanks for the responses.

Yeah, I decided to stick with 1015. I don't play games so the openGL is not a biggie.Other than the dead bedside mode and random reboots everything else is BETTER. I've narrowed the reboots down to a few apps that were not compatible. (this was crazy deleting mostly everything and adding apps back slowly until I got a random reboot.) I think the culprit was STORMSLIDER. Crosses fingers. Sucks not easily bringing up bedside though.

12-21-10 02:56 PM
    Thanks for the responses.

Yeah, I decided to stick with 1015. I don't play games so the openGL is not a biggie.Other than the dead bedside mode and random reboots everything else is BETTER. I've narrowed the reboots down to a few apps that were not compatible. (this was crazy deleting mostly everything and adding apps back slowly until I got a random reboot.) I think the culprit was STORMSLIDER. Crosses fingers. Sucks not easily bringing up bedside though.

yeah, stormslider is a slick app when it works.

this will fix bedside mode - http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/95...de-fix-541002/
    12-21-10 02:58 PM
    yeah, stormslider is a slick app when it works.

this will fix bedside mode - http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/95...de-fix-541002/
    Thanks!

12-21-10 03:24 PM
    Pressing S in the clock app brings up the stopwatch, pressing R brings up "set alarm" pressing T brings up the timer. FYI

12-21-10 07:58 PM
    Pressing S in the clock app brings up the stopwatch, pressing R brings up "set alarm" pressing T brings up the timer. FYI

Just to add.
    Hitting B in the clock app enters Bedside Mode.
    12-22-10 08:36 PM
    chrisy520 mentioned this 5 posts ago. But thanks, that's why it wasn't included.

12-22-10 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD