Name one Mother that thinks her child is unattractive
    Maria...my mom....but let's not go that way
    RH1Pearl, kbz1960 and TGR1 like this.
    11-12-15 09:37 PM
    What is snap?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 09:40 PM
    That all said... BB File manager... So good it made the Five things I miss from BlackBerry 10 after moving to the BlackBerry Priv list...
    And it certainly needs to me there. I've been on the Priv since Friday...and it is the one thing I miss
    11-12-15 09:43 PM
    What is snap?

Posted via CB10
    It's a side loaded app store very much like Google play store.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 09:46 PM
    It's a side loaded app store very much like Google play store.

Posted via CB10
    I see people reference side loading apps and updates, but I don't know what it means to side load.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-15 05:26 AM
    Oh Donny then you are missing out big time, just google it, if you do it using the google chrome method. For some reason when you search not all of them show up in Snap, but I just go to google play in the browser, install the app and then when I open Snap, it is listed under my apps and then I can install it on my BB10 (i believe it's just for the free apps). Android apps I use are two bank apps, netflic, maichimp, google maps and shomi. Most apps work, but not the ones that require google services, although google maps works

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 02:10 AM
    There is a gaping wound in my soul with the state of the current app gap. I'm gonna hafta Snap a cap on that app gap.

On second thought, I can't think of any apps that I actually want that aren't currently available....

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 09:29 AM
    If you have all the apps that you need, that's great...for you, but to say there's no app gap is completely and utterly naive. The biggest reason why BB is turning to Android in the first place is because people who want a large selection of apps to choose from(not you,apparently) are looking, and have gone elsewhere.
    Well, It's not so much a large selection to choose from that is missing, is it? (If it were, we'd be set; We have a huge selection of single city map-, single radio station-, and single event program- "apps" frothing on SpamWo... I mean BBWorld... :P)
    It is more about a small number of specific must-have apps and online services; Must-have, either because they have become very popular and ubiquitous, or because they serve an important niche purpose - usually vital to somebody's job.

BlackBerry couldn't pay developers to, to any degree, support BB10 - they tried.
    And they were not alone; I recall Microsoft at one point decided to take things into their own hands, and wrote, allegedly excellent, Windows Phone clients themselves, for a couple of popular services, which, when they went to proudly offer these to the owners of said services, earned them nothing but a slap on the wrist and a cease and desist order.
    11-14-15 10:14 AM
    Well, It's not so much a large selection to choose from that is missing, is it? (If it were, we'd be set; We have a huge selection of single city map-, single radio station-, and single event program- "apps" frothing on SpamWo... I mean BBWorld... :P)
    It is more about a small number of specific must-have apps and online services; Must-have, either because they have become very popular and ubiquitous, or because they serve an important niche purpose - usually vital to somebody's job.

BlackBerry couldn't pay developers to, to any degree, support BB10 - they tried.
    And they were not alone; I recall Microsoft at one point decided to take things into their own hands, and wrote, allegedly excellent, Windows Phone clients themselves, for a couple of popular services, which, when they went to proudly offer these to the owners of said services, earned them nothing but a slap on the wrist and a cease and desist order.
    No, it's not just about quantity, or quality, to be frank. As you said, it's sometimes about apps specific to a certain use-case. The point is, if I can't find an app that I need for my job or, say banking, then for me, there is a gap. Whenever the subject of an app gap comes up, you always see people saying that they have all of the apps that they need, which is great for them. Saying that seems to dismiss the notion that no one else has a problem with the app selection as it stands today.
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    11-14-15 10:28 AM

This is similar IMO a mid-sized grocery store that has the essentials and a Walmart or Costco that has everything. If I used same productivity argument BB10 users give - I can go to my neighborhood store in 2 minutes, grab a bread and pay in 1 minute and back home before the commercial is over. Compared to going to Walmart - park 200 feet away, walk a football field to get a bread, go in line to pay, find my car in a sea of blue Hondas, etc. But most people prefer a big store for selection and service.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    11-14-15 10:30 AM
    This is similar IMO a mid-sized grocery store that has the essentials and a Walmart or Costco that has everything. If I used same productivity argument BB10 users give - I can go to my neighborhood store in 2 minutes, grab a bread and pay in 1 minute and back home before the commercial is over. Compared to going to Walmart - park 200 feet away, walk a football field to get a bread, go in line to pay, find my car in a sea of blue Hondas, etc. But most people prefer a big store for selection and service.
    Actually a very good analogy.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 12:24 PM
    Okay other than an app requiring google services, what apps do people want that they can't get. I find every app I've ever needed I can get from google play. Google maps works, gmail works in the hub, what else is there? I have use android camera apps to monitor my security apps, use the bank apps, netflix, the odd app you need when you buy like a router or something, basically we have access to pretty much everything in Google Play, that's why I gad originally posted there is no app gap. I remeber in my Z10 days not all apps worked, but since Passport and the numerous BlackBerry 10 updates they all work. I imagine they aren't as fast and smooth on a native android, but never been an issue. If only there was a way to load bb10 on a priv. My original point was that somehow blackberry should have found a way to get Snap out there to the masses

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 09:15 PM
    Okay other than an app requiring google services, what apps do people want that they can't get. I find every app I've ever needed I can get from google play. Google maps works, gmail works in the hub, what else is there? I have use android camera apps to monitor my security apps, use the bank apps, netflix, the odd app you need when you buy like a router or something, basically we have access to pretty much everything in Google Play, that's why I gad originally posted there is no app gap. I remeber in my Z10 days not all apps worked, but since Passport and the numerous BlackBerry 10 updates they all work. I imagine they aren't as fast and smooth on a native android, but never been an issue. If only there was a way to load bb10 on a priv. My original point was that somehow blackberry should have found a way to get Snap out there to the masses

Posted via CB10
    One of my clients once told me that the masses are asses.

I only said that cuz I've been drinking alcohol all night. ( alcohol actually came up after drinking in the predictive text).

And.... I was only kidding about the masses cuz both you and I are amongst them. Technology is a strange thing, though. Ultimately people gravitate one way or the other. Form of tribalism I reckon. It isn't going BlackBerry's way right now, but man this predictive text is just scarily nailing the right words. Doing more flicking words than tapping letters.

Scattered incoherent rambling from me z30.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    11-14-15 10:33 PM
    Easy sells.

Average customer will most likely pick simple, native solutions to runtimes and partial solutions. The runtime is inferior to Android OS itself, which makes it a tough sell.
    Laura Knotek, MikeX74 and JeepBB like this.
    11-14-15 11:33 PM
    And it certainly needs to me there. I've been on the Priv since Friday...and it is the one thing I miss
    If you ask me, BlackBerry has hit it out of the park with the changes made to Android on the Priv, but BB10 is still where it is at.

Too bad the brand was tarnished to the point nobody but loyalists really gave it a fair chance.
    11-15-15 10:48 PM
40 12