I use a passport and all the apps I get from snap work really well ie netflix, banking apps and what ever other app I need, including google maps. I won't be buying Priv because it's not BB10. I wish blackberry had made their own android app store (amazon store on blackberry is too clunky) with all but the google service apps pre-installed on the devices. That would be much more useful than blackberry world, or even better add an android app section to blackberry world. I personally can do with out google services, but every now and then there will be a banking, or some security camera app that's only android that you need. If passport is the last great BB10 phone I will use it as long as it is feasible. Once it gets specced out and if no new BB10 I will miss greatly the zipping in and out of apps, the remeber app, the beauty of the hub, and easy file sharing all around. Just venting at lack of new bb10

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe, BerrySoul and Powdah like this.
    11-11-15 12:45 PM
    So... Where to begin...

What would be the point of going for their own store? They woul have to beg those devs (you know, the ones that DID NOT put their apps on BBWorld) to put their apps there. It would be all we've seen ALL over again.

Sure, don't get a Priv. But don't dismiss the 'app gap' simply because you got the apps you needed (via unofficial ways at that).

The 'app gap' is real. And it forced BlackBerry to release an Android phone.

As for the beauty of all those BB10 apps... Not all is lost (though something is always lost in translation).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erry%20Limited
    11-11-15 12:58 PM
    That all said... BB File manager... So good it made the Five things I miss from BlackBerry 10 after moving to the BlackBerry Priv list...
    11-11-15 01:02 PM
    Would there be no way to organise all the android available apps in a different section of bbworld, as it's been done in Snap? I'm pretty sure the Snap developer just found a way to import all the apps, would be nice if blackberry could do it so all the apps are available for lay people right from the get go

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 01:05 PM
    Would there be no way to organise all the android available apps in a different section of bbworld, as it's been done in Snap? I'm pretty sure the Snap developer just found a way to import all the apps, would be nice if blackberry could do it so all the apps are available for lay people right from the get go

Posted via CB10
    Snap is a Google Play Store Client. It has nothing to do with BBW.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-11-15 01:07 PM
    Oh my bad, i guess it would be too much for someone to release an official google play store client, with some kind of disclaimer

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 01:12 PM
    So much so that they have to give up on vastly superior OS and revert back to the mess that is Android

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 01:13 PM
    So much so that they have to give up on vastly superior OS and revert back to the mess that is Android

Posted via CB10
    It's against OHA rules to have Google Play Services and Play Store on a non-pure (and non-certified) Android device.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    diegonei and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-11-15 01:24 PM
    I use a passport and all the apps I get from snap work really well ie netflix, banking apps and what ever other app I need, including google maps. I won't be buying Priv because it's not BB10. I wish blackberry had made their own android app store (amazon store on blackberry is too clunky) with all but the google service apps pre-installed on the devices. That would be much more useful than blackberry world, or even better add an android app section to blackberry world. I personally can do with out google services, but every now and then there will be a banking, or some security camera app that's only android that you need. If passport is the last great BB10 phone I will use it as long as it is feasible. Once it gets specced out and if no new BB10 I will miss greatly the zipping in and out of apps, the remeber app, the beauty of the hub, and easy file sharing all around. Just venting at lack of new bb10

Posted via CB10
    It always worries me to download an unofficial banking app. Something just doesn't seem right about it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Aman Darred; 11-11-15 at 01:41 PM.
    11-11-15 01:26 PM
    Screw apps...we're BlackBerry baby!

Posted via CB10
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    11-11-15 01:27 PM
    If u don't believe there isn't a app gap for the majority of people, u are heavily biased. Yes some apps run great, and yes if you know how to go to this extent of sideloading, it's not nearly as bad but most people surely aren't going to go to the extent that many people on this forum have to get a app they desire. It's even worse when u find out u can't even use the app because it needs Google play services

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 02:31 PM
    Perceived "superiority" of OS means little in the real world.
    TgeekB, Witmen, RH1Pearl and 3 others like this.
    11-11-15 02:41 PM
    Still think Chen's smartest move at this point is have Google block access by SNAP and Cobalt.... would help some of the "faithful" understand why they are doing what they are doing.....
    11-11-15 02:43 PM
    Oh my bad, i guess it would be too much for someone to release an official google play store client, with some kind of disclaimer

Posted via CB10
    It's not that simple. In order to use Google Play Services and the Google Play Store, a company needs to meet Google's requirements. BB10 doesn't meet them, first off because it is not based on Android. Not even all Android handsets have those pre-installed, especially some chinese and indian phones come with Android versions which don't have any Google stuff installed.

So BlackBerry can't simply go ahead and rework their Android runtime to support all the Google services without big G giving them their blessing. Same goes for Sailfish btw.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 03:42 PM
    If you have all the apps that you need, that's great...for you, but to say there's no app gap is completely and utterly naive. The biggest reason why BB is turning to Android in the first place is because people who want a large selection of apps to choose from(not you,apparently) are looking, and have gone elsewhere.
    TGR1 likes this.
    11-11-15 03:49 PM
    This may help the OP and others understand why BB10 does not have access to Google Play:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-store-953753/
    Laura Knotek and diegonei like this.
    11-11-15 03:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Name one Mother that thinks her child is unattractive
    diegonei likes this.
    11-11-15 05:53 PM
    Still think Chen's smartest move at this point is have Google block access by SNAP and Cobalt.... would help some of the "faithful" understand why they are doing what they are doing.....
    No, those that use Snap or Cobalt understand fully why BlackBerry needs to go Android. I guess he could do that after he sells out his BB10 devices. If that were to happen though, I would make the famous Playbook user promise...never again!
    11-11-15 06:32 PM
    Only Google could make an official "client". And like conite said, that would be against their own rules.

Too much assuming going into your thought-thread OP. Go read into it. If it were simple, we would have it by now.

Y So Harsh?

People will move when they feel the time is right. Rushing it will cause unnecessary stress and resentment the brand really doesn't need.
    BerryRipe and kbz1960 like this.
    11-11-15 07:08 PM
    bb10 is 100 times better then ****in android

posted via BlackBerry Z30 ( best full touch)
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-12-15 12:22 AM
    bb10 is 100 times better then ****in android

posted via BlackBerry Z30 ( best full touch)
    ****in I guess stands for Rockin
    11-12-15 01:36 AM
    This may help the OP and others understand why BB10 does not have access to Google Play:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-store-953753/
    Is it possible for run time to be added on by the user. For example Snap with runtime included. Even better could runtime be an part of a APK app?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 08:58 AM
    Is it possible for run time to be added on by the user. For example Snap with runtime included. Even better could runtime be an part of a APK app?
    No. Because BB10 isn't Android, this is something that only BB could do, and if they did so, Google would sue them the following day. If there was a legal way to get Google Play Services on BB10, it would have been done at launch, and there never would have been an app gap. But Google isn't stupid, and both the Play Store and Google Play Services were always intended, from Day 1, to allow Google to maintain control over their services. It's also why Google created the OHA (Open Handset Alliance) - to ensure that manufacturers could not use Google's services to compete against Google.

Remember that neither Google Play Services nor the Play Store are open source (unlike Android itself) - they've always been closed-source and under different licensing than Android the OS. Many people don't seem to understand the differences, but developers definitely do, and so do phone manufacturers.
    JeepBB and Bbnivende like this.
    11-12-15 12:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Put simply. The BB10 Os is second to none! My Passport SE , and its Os 10 is simply awesome.

  
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    11-12-15 08:49 PM
    I have been using BB10 since the day it was first released.. Current PP.SE is my forth one of these.... I must say, BB10 has come a long way from where it started, and I am badly hooked on it now.. Priv was tempting for a while however a second thought on loosing all the little things that BB10 offers is keeping me at the bay... Pretty sure I won't be buying an Android BlackBerry until they put all the neat details of bb10 into their Andriod phones.. Feature on top of my list is the File manager.. I mean C'mon.. search feature on file manager from anywhere in the OS is just too much too loose just to get "that" app.. besides.. I have Cobalt's stuff loaded and have all the apps that I need/want working for me just fine...

I guess I will be sticking to my passport for just a little longer as well...

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-12-15 09:08 PM
40 12