Anyone know if the #BBFactCheck guys are onto this one?
    08-26-14 09:53 PM
    I think iOS 8 will have this feature, just as it will have toast notifications. The author probably knows that or is anticipating it. She will say later that she called the feature before release. Pretty disingenuous. Hard to believe the author had no knowledge of BB and the Hub. It is her business, after all.
    ladeberry likes this.
    08-26-14 09:57 PM
    I feel sorry for this chick. She writes for a tech site, yet doesn't know about BlackBerry Hub. Haha hahahahaha. Sounds like she really spend alot of time reviewing product

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by silversmith75; 08-27-14 at 09:26 AM.
    08-26-14 10:17 PM
    Americans by and large live in a tech bubble.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-26-14 10:23 PM
    Anyone know if the #BBFactCheck guys are onto this one?
    Dunno but I tweeted BB the post and telling them to get the fact check team on it.
    scottishchris likes this.
    08-26-14 10:32 PM
    Just read her blog and she has acknowledged BlackBerry Hub somewhat.
    However, she may have a point about a "cross platform messaging hub". Maybe this could be a golden opportunity for BlackBerry to capitalise on; monetizing the "messaging hub" as an app on other platforms might not be such a bad idea.
    It's definitely been suggested around here before... I think it would be a good idea, and would be pretty popular, as long as it doesn't use the word "BlackBerry" anywhere on the name, publisher, description, etc.

:/

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 10:38 PM
    In the author's edited version, she gives a slimy, insincere compliment to BlackBerry and it's hub, but quickly dismisses the platform due to inability to work with two relatively unused chat clients.

Oh, she's gonna learn.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 11:30 PM
    Isn't this BlackBerry's fault for not marketing? Look at the conversation started on this website because the author did not know or bring it up. I blame BlackBerry.

Q10, N5, N10.
    Did you know that the Messages app is the one the author described? You can go to Messages and everything e.g: Facebook, Twitter, email, sms, bbm, WhatsApp, LINE, KakaoTalk will be there (provided you set it up that way, from inside the Messages app)

Yeah, it was on BlackBerry Device Software 5.0, back when BlackBerry was still the go-to device. You can't just forget it existed

Willfully ignoring BlackBerry was what happened. Then people bring up the Hub and the author realized she'd look even more dumb if it looked as if she didn't know about it, so she patched it in.

Even if the app is walled, Hub can still pick it up. I have LINE on my BlackBerry 10 and whenever people chats with me a notification (default for all Android apps) comes up in Notifications category, I can open the app from there. Yes, there is no "back" button like for native, but she said Hub does not support everything. It does, if only through notifications and not their own category

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    08-26-14 11:41 PM
    I know some people already did it, but it thought I would pop Michael Clewley another, just to ensure he doesn't forget. :-P

Engadget:  "Messaging's mission impossible: One inbox to rule them all"-img_20140827_064322.png

I think the author did downplay BlackBerry a bit, but that's probably just because her exposure to it is just a small bit of what the opposition-central media has shown...

Blargh, Blargh! CB10 blargh.
    08-26-14 11:45 PM
    I'm surprised a "Senior Editor" at Engadget didn't research BB10 enough (at all?) to write an article initially completely glossing over it. The Verge? Yeah. BGR? Definitely. But Engadget? Hmm.
    08-27-14 12:04 AM
    Just shows how much people still care about BlackBerry I guess...

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 01:32 AM
    Even if it is an android port, won't you still get a motif I cation in the hub so long as it gives notification? I receives notifications from the Android apps all the time.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 02:14 AM
    What people are failing to realize is this is the way most people think about Blackberry. It will take time and patience before things turn around. Educate, don't attack.
    Agree about not attacking, but "Senior Editor" on one of the web's most recognized technology blogs does not constitute "most people".

Isn't this BlackBerry's fault for not marketing? Look at the conversation started on this website because the author did not know or bring it up. I blame BlackBerry.
    Again, if we are talking about average users, your blaming BlackBerry holds water. For an experienced editor of a tech blog, no. Sometimes, it is ok to (respectfully and calmly) call a spade a spade. The writer goofed up. It happens.
    08-27-14 02:25 AM
    I wonder what she must be thinking now having been bombarded with so many comments referring a solution to her 'impossible' task

Posted via CB10
    scmcc16 likes this.
    08-27-14 02:28 AM
    I wonder what she must be thinking now having been bombarded with so many comments referring a solution to her 'impossible' task

Posted via CB10
    What most other people will think:
    Does it have Instagram?
    Candy Crush?
    No?

Well, back to my iPhone/Droid.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 02:51 AM
    What most other people will think:
    Does it have Instagram?
    Candy Crush?
    No?

Well, back to my iPhone/Droid.

Posted via CB10
    Really, when discussing a senior editor's weak job, trying to jab at app selection is just a weak position.

You're trying to allow vandals to lurk around because the law enforcer is not as handsome.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    08-27-14 03:50 AM
    I'm too lazy to open any app for messaging because of BlackBerry HUB Seriously, this has been by far, the most efficient innovation of BlackBerry. I'll never gonna give this up for any other smartphone NO MATTER WHAT.

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 |10.2.1.2977 iPhone 4s IOS 7.xx
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    08-27-14 04:20 AM
    Really, when discussing a senior editor's weak job, trying to jab at app selection is just a weak position.

You're trying to allow vandals to lurk around because the law enforcer is not as handsome.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    Does it make it less true?
    Yeah, she probably should have informed herself better beforehand, but what would it change in the grand scale of things?

Neither the business apps, nor the consumer apps most people want/need are on BB10, so in the end, it's a question of preference.

Do I prefer the unified experience of the HUB, but with basically no apps/ gimped apps (FB, Twitter, Skype) or do I take something that doesn't have the HUB, but the other 80% of what I deem important/necessary?

And as we have seen already, BB10 with the HUB just isn't enough.
    What would be interesting, would be BlackBerry sending her a Passport/Z30 and she does an editorial on how it fulfils or doesn't fulfil her needs.
    But until that has been done, I'll just assume that her case is like the one of the vaaaaaaaaaast majority:
    "Yeah, the HUB is nice.....
    Where are my apps?"

The unified inbox doesn't trump all, sorry if you still haven't realised that by now.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and Genghis2k3 like this.
    08-27-14 04:29 AM
    Yeah, she probably should have informed herself better beforehand, but what would it change in the grand scale of things?

Neither the business apps, nor the consumer apps most people want/need are on BB10, so in the end, it's a question of preference.

Do I prefer the unified experience of the HUB, but with basically no apps/ gimped apps (FB, Twitter, Skype) or do I take something that doesn't have the HUB, but the other 80% of what I deem important/necessary?

What would be interesting, would be BlackBerry sending her a Passport/Z30 and she does an editorial on how it fulfils or doesn't fulfil her needs.
    But until that has been done, I'll just assume that her case is like the one of the vaaaaaaaaaast majority:
    Where are my apps?"

The unified inbox doesn't trump all, sorry if you still haven't realised that by now.

Posted via CB10
    The article wasn't about apps. It was about universal inbox.
    raino and haringfish like this.
    08-27-14 04:39 AM
    Think it is a case of poor writing and an inability by the writer to articulate what she is trying to say,.. What I got from the article is she would like a cross platform app for Apple and Android that can do what the BB hub does but with an added dimension... the ability to take a walled garden app like Imessage and have it on the cross platform hub... this is something many have bought up in the comments seciton in response to the BB comments.... a case of the writer whistfully wishing for something that will never exist... she should have done some homework and at least giving the BB hub a nod that is comes close to what the article was conveying...
    Actually, if the other party us not on iMessage the message will be sent by ordinary SMS. This will therefore still appear in the HUB.

My Z30 is hired, my iPhone retired. BlackBerry rules the lot. Cause it's the best phone I've ever got.
    08-27-14 05:05 AM
    We have to realize that right now we are in the minority. That may not sit well here, but it is fact. When talking about most OS's, Blackberry's 1% market share doesn't earn it much space in a tech blog. We'll have to see if the Passport changes that.

Proudly using a Blackberry Q10!
    cman5 likes this.
    08-27-14 05:15 AM
    We have to realize that right now we are in the minority. That may not sit well here, but it is fact. When talking about most OS's, Blackberry's 1% market share doesn't earn it much space in a tech blog. We'll have to see if the Passport changes that.

Proudly using a Blackberry Q10!
    The passport won't change it. It's an impractical device for most people. Even in blackberry existing userbase it will be a niche device.
    When BlackBerry finally gets round to a successor to the z10, that is what will matter and will have the potential to change things.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    cman5 likes this.
    08-27-14 05:30 AM
    The article wasn't about apps. It was about universal inbox.
    Yeah and I already go the one step further.
    What would happen if she actually gives the HUB a fair shot?

I presuppose, that she will have the thought pretty much everyone else has:
    Yeah, the HUB is nice but I need my apps.

And then she will realise that her search for the best inbox , is a subordinate need to her wanting apps.
    Or in other words: she doesn't search the HUB on BB10.
    She searches the HUB on Android/iOS.

Posted via CB10
    Genghis2k3 likes this.
    08-27-14 05:36 AM

Q10, N5, N10.
    How can you blame BlackBerry because a "tech journalist" didn't bother to check all 4....yes only 4.... operating systems before writing her article. It's not up to BlackBerry to assume some barista / "tech journalist" will publish rubbish and thus do a preemptive strike, it's up to the "tech journalist" to do the most basic research before publishing her "findings".

Really makes you wonder what other things she, and others paid to create clicks, are are actually getting horrendously wrong.
    Xenolock likes this.
    08-27-14 07:48 AM

Where are my apps?"

Posted via CB10
    This wall of off-topic text has nothing to do with the article she wrote that was incorrectly titled "Messaging's mission impossible:..."

Um, she wouldn't have written the article.
    08-27-14 07:53 AM
236 12345 ...