Messaging's mission impossible: One inbox to rule them all

What an id0t, I had to add a comment suggesting she perhaps pick up a BB10 device (instead of continually slagging them like the rest of the Engadget, Gizmodo etc writers)
    08-26-14 09:16 AM
    Don't worry. The first three comments alerted the writer to this.
    Attached Thumbnails Engadget:  "Messaging's mission impossible: One inbox to rule them all"-18139.jpg  
    08-26-14 09:22 AM
    hahaha mission impossible.
    08-26-14 09:22 AM
    I know, mine was one of them. Fantastic research for a 'Senior Editor'. Try spending 30 seconds on Google perhaps . . . . I mean, she's got her iPhone and laptop with her so she can check all her different messages . . . .
    08-26-14 09:30 AM
    Messaging's mission impossible: One inbox to rule them all

What an id0t, I had to add a comment suggesting she perhaps pick up a BB10 device (instead of continually slagging them like the rest of the Engadget, Gizmodo etc writers)
    Better off picking up a bold because the unified inbox is still better then the Hub currently

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    08-26-14 01:50 PM
    Nothing is better than the BlackBerry Hub. I honestly don't know how some people can use anything else for work?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 01:54 PM
    Hmm BlackBerry 10 hub is her answer, and why I am not leaving BlackBerry until their very last service (the four dots disappear from my BlackBerry devices)

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
    08-26-14 01:58 PM
    *facepalm.. And she calls herself a tech journalist?
    xxslxx and modbro like this.
    08-26-14 02:03 PM
    Hahahahaha... this is great.

"What we need, then, is an equivalent universal inbox for messaging. No, not just for all your email and text messages. For everything. We need a smart inbox that'll sort messages by service, label them appropriately and will let you continue conversations within just one app."

Probably now having one of those "Hmm... I wonder what else I don't know..." moments.

Posted via CB10
    garrett lajoie likes this.
    08-26-14 02:05 PM
    Amusing replies, basically consisting the words 'BlackBerry' and 'Hub', repeated hundreds of times

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    08-26-14 02:06 PM
    I also read through all the comments and "Like" all the replies that mentioned the Hub is a build-in feature, not an app.
    08-26-14 02:42 PM
    What you should also note that the pinch function allows for even easier management of unread messages within the hub, honestly the lady should not be writing for a Tech Blog,instead of bashing BlackBerry 10 time for them to actually investigate what BlackBerry 10 is, even news headlines,weather etc etc gets pushed to hub notifications

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 03:14 PM
    I did not read the article nor the comments. I just hope everyone is using this as an opportunity to convert someone rather than ridicule.

Q10, N5, N10.
    Elite1 and Thunderbuck like this.
    08-26-14 03:18 PM
    What you should also note that the pinch function allows for even easier management of unread messages within the hub, honestly the lady should not be writing for a Tech Blog,instead of bashing BlackBerry 10 time for them to actually investigate what BlackBerry 10 is.

Posted via CB10
    It's amazing that they didn't even mention BlackBerry. I mean, what's wrong with these people? I can't really believe the author or an editor for the site don't actually know about BlackBerry's hub. I mean... it's not as if the "unified messaging" was just a minor point in a long review for another device, or that the HUB is a minor feature of BB10. It was the ENTIRE REASON for the article, and it's a MAJOR SELLING POINT for BB10.

Shameful, either for their ignorance,.. or their willful omission.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 03:19 PM
    It's amazing that they didn't even mention BlackBerry. I mean, what's wrong with these people? I can't really believe the author or an editor for the site don't actually know about BlackBerry's hub. I mean... it's not as if the "unified messaging" was just a minor point in a long review for another device, or that the HUB is a minor feature of BB10. It was the ENTIRE REASON for the article, and it's a MAJOR SELLING POINT for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry should just send her a complimentary device for her to actually experience. Hope that they have marketing looking at these things. She mentioned the unified box on BlackBerry briefly but I think she was referring to BBOS. BlackBerry has to start being more vocal, we as users, can only do so much.

Posted via CB10
    ubizmo, domolsz and garrett lajoie like this.
    08-26-14 03:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Isn't this BlackBerry's fault for not marketing? Look at the conversation started on this website because the author did not know or bring it up. I blame BlackBerry.

Q10, N5, N10.
    08-26-14 03:29 PM
    BlackBerry should just send her a complimentary device for her to actually experience. Hope that they have marketing looking at these things. She mentioned the unified box on BlackBerry briefly but I think she was referring to BBOS. BlackBerry has to start being more vocal, we as users, can only do so much.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree! Send her a device and let her play around with it. She may give you some free advertising if she likes it. Why do we have to think of this?

Q10, N5, N10.
    08-26-14 03:30 PM
    How do we forward this to them?
    08-26-14 03:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    What's with all the hubbub? - yeah, I just did that.
    I'm a little baffled by this thread. She DOES reference the hub, although it's in a rather inconspicuous way.

From the article:
    "If you're a loyal BlackBerry fan, you already know that the OS from Waterloo has a unified inbox that can house emails, texts and messages from Facebook and Twitter in one place."

It appears she's not aware of all the hub does, but she didn't completely ignore it. Hell, she pretty much nailed it with her dismissive phrasing - the irrelevant BlackBerry hangers on know about this, and no one else - is how it could be interpreted. It's BlackBerry, so it doesn't count. These aren't my sentiments, but they're certainly not new sentiments. Perhaps that'll change in the coming months.
    Last edited by Genghis2k3; 08-26-14 at 04:13 PM.
    08-26-14 03:43 PM
    How do we forward this to them?
    If you use twitter Michael Clewley (MichaelClewley) on Twitter. Think he reads his tweets, I don't do twitter.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 03:50 PM
    If you use twitter Michael Clewley (MichaelClewley) on Twitter. Think he reads his tweets, I don't do twitter.

Posted via CB10
    I'll do it!

Proudly using a Blackberry Q10!
    08-26-14 03:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    See it's not amazing to me. This is what blackberry is up against. The market share has fallen so far that most people don't even think of it as a viable device, which is why it's omitted from most articles. this article actually sums up blackberry's challenges.

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    08-26-14 03:58 PM
    "@TgeekB will take this to the team"

Got a reply already!

Q10, N5, N10.
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-26-14 03:58 PM
    What's with all the hubbub - yeah, I just did that? I'm a little baffled by this thread. She DOES reference the hub, although it's in s rather inconspicuous way.

From the article:
    "If you're a loyal BlackBerry fan, you already know that the OS from Waterloo has a unified inbox that can house emails, texts and messages from Facebook and Twitter in one place."

It appears she's not aware of all the hub does, but she didn't completely ignore it. Hell, she pretty much nailed it with her dismissive phrasing - the irrelevant BlackBerry hangers on know about this, and no one else - is how it could be interpreted. It's BlackBerry, so it doesn't count. These aren't my sentiments, but they're certainly not new sentiments. Perhaps that'll change in the coming months.
    I read that as referring to the unified inbox in BBOS devices, since she didn't use the hub by name. I pointed out in the comments that these two were entirely different, and the hub was an integral part of the OS.
    08-26-14 04:10 PM
    So, I made the mistake of voicing my disgust, and got a reply... apparently... BB10 doesn't count because some apps are not supported on the platform. LOL. I'll translate this to: I've never used a BB10 device and referenced BBOS in my article, now that I look a fool I'm desperately looking for excuses.

Fundamentally, she describes the BB Hub but refuses to admit that's what she described.
    playbookster likes this.
    08-26-14 04:47 PM
236 123 ...