I'm not sure how you'd fit a bigger screen into it without changing the size of the device. The bezels are active and the side ones are important.

Frankly I like the screen as it is. It's already getting hard to reach the top-left corner with my right thumb. Fortunately the only buttons up there are rarely used and the Cascades menus are all at the bottom. Only Android phones are dumb enough to have the main menu placement up where you can't reach it on those jumbo screens.
    Probably poster is thinking of the Moto X which is the same size as a Z10 but has a 4.7 inch screen.
    04-23-14 03:05 PM
    Bigger isn't always better. The Z10 size is perfect for me since I don't like phablets. But things that irk me about the Z10?
    1) no FM radio
    2) no OTG
    3) no Miracast
    4) could have made them 32GB standard instead of 16GB
    04-23-14 03:28 PM
    How would I change the Z10 Hmmmmmm...Change it to a Q10 better known as a real BlackBerry. Real BlackBerry Devices Have Keyboards
    04-23-14 06:28 PM
    How would I change the Z10 Hmmmmmm...Change it to a Q10 better known as a real BlackBerry. Real BlackBerry Devices Have Keyboards
    My Z10 has a keyboard.

I'm not sure what to make of your statement. That I shouldn't be a BlackBerry user and get to enjoy BB10 unless I want half of my device taken up by a keyboard that makes up 1/10th of my total use of the device?
    04-23-14 06:49 PM
    Be able to change the bottom taskbar so that the camera or phone apps do not open, take pictures, phone people while it is in the hand. Personally, I would like to be able to place whatever app I wanted to on this taskbar. Would also like to get rid of the search icon. Have never used the search function yet in 14 months.
    04-23-14 06:53 PM
    1. nicer hardware even if its just a tiny bit of metal to save cost, black brushed metal (or a dark silver to replace the white tips) instead of plastic ones would look so much more sophisticated and classy.

2. more internal storage with a 32gb minimum version or the option to turn on apps2sd card

3. larger battery

4. put the blackberry logo on the plastic bottom bit and use that extra cm of space for a larger screen
    04-23-14 11:00 PM
    I can't stand when people say that crap. A BlackBerry is a BlackBerry is a BlackBerry regardless of its keyboard type. If BlackBerry stuck to only keyboards, I guarantee you they will be out of the device business sooner than later. There isn't enough qwerty lovers to justify that ridiculous remark. And all of those qwerty lovers still don't just pick BlackBerry. Qwerty is a death sentence for BlackBerry. Even among the "true diehard" BlackBerry users, more and more will covert to all touch for screen real estate over keyboard use. A slider could be the best of both worlds, but that form factor runs into it's own problems.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 02:29 PM
    I can't stand when people say that crap. A BlackBerry is a BlackBerry is a BlackBerry regardless of its keyboard type. If BlackBerry stuck to only keyboards, I guarantee you they will be out of the device business sooner than later. There isn't enough qwerty lovers to justify that ridiculous remark. And all of those qwerty lovers still don't just pick BlackBerry. Qwerty is a death sentence for BlackBerry. Even among the "true diehard" BlackBerry users, more and more will covert to all touch for screen real estate over keyboard use. A slider could be the best of both worlds, but that form factor runs into it's own problems.

Posted via CB10
    All that and yours is bigger than his.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    04-25-14 05:37 PM
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 Dual Core A57 and Quad A53 processor with Adreno 418 GPU. 64 Bit support.

4.5" to 4.7" 1080 Super AMOLED Display. Less bezel to still fit in the Z10 form factor.

2600 MAh battery min, with 3000+ preferred. Don't care if removable if non removable will make it bigger.

32 GB on device storage.

3GB of RAM.

13 MP RF camera 5 MP front.

$450 unlocked price.

Move the Z30 replacement to 5.5"+ and the Qualcomm 810 Quad A57 Quad A53. $550 Unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    elmatatan184 likes this.
    04-25-14 06:04 PM
    Which in all fairness, is what the phone deserved.
    With BB10 version 10.0? Absolutely.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 01:12 AM
    -Change bezel, (use better material and design)
    -maintain actual size of the device and enlarge the screen size a bit.
    -upgrade gpu and ram 3gb
    -expand internal drive to 32gb and use ssd (if unable to use an external media card for apps and system files)

-Replace and upgrade speakers mesh and design (this isn't good for metal fabricators) some steel/metal debris can go in and stick into the magnet of the speaker and causes malfunction.
    Yes, it happened to me already. So they need to do something about that.

------------------B A T T E R Y !!!!
    Gorilla glass 3!
    With these spec, qnx devs and app devs can play around.
    They can stay with 1.5 ghz x2 cores processor if they want it cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 01:59 AM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Much better battery and better camera....

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 05:59 AM
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 Dual Core A57 and Quad A53 processor with Adreno 418 GPU. 64 Bit support.

4.5" to 4.7" 1080 Super AMOLED Display. Less bezel to still fit in the Z10 form factor.

2600 MAh battery min, with 3000+ preferred. Don't care if removable if non removable will make it bigger.

32 GB on device storage.

3GB of RAM.

13 MP RF camera 5 MP front.

$450 unlocked price.

Move the Z30 replacement to 5.5"+ and the Qualcomm 810 Quad A57 Quad A53. $550 Unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    I agree 100%, Hopefully BlackBerry takes notes and makes this the successor of our Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 06:18 AM
    Be able to change the bottom taskbar so that the camera or phone apps do not open, take pictures, phone people while it is in the hand. Personally, I would like to be able to place whatever app I wanted to on this taskbar. Would also like to get rid of the search icon. Have never used the search function yet in 14 months.
    Ouch, have you ever tried a Q? Just the way you can simply start typing and it will automatically search for whatever you just put in totally rocks.

I wish they actually made the Z series equally useful.

The funny or illogical thing is, with the two finger swipe up from the bottom bezel, you can actually bring up the keyboard on the home screen, but it doesn't really do anything, or does it? (Please provide some input, if you know better) Would be cool if it did a search just like on the Qs.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    04-26-14 07:07 AM
    Ouch, have you ever tried a Q? Just the way you can simply start typing and it will automatically search for whatever you just put in totally rocks.

I wish they actually made the Z series equally useful.

The funny or illogical thing is, with the two finger swipe up from the bottom bezel, you can actually bring up the keyboard on the home screen, but it doesn't really do anything, or does it? (Please provide some input, if you know better) Would be cool if it did a search just like on the Qs.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    Good point! They should totally allow Q10-like functionality on the Z10 if you bring up the keyboard (assuming you're not already in a text-entry box).

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 07:33 AM
    There is a way to reset it. Learn your device!
    Feel like a big man now?

If you have all the answers, do you have a way to prevent contacts from duplicating and merging unrelated ones?

In case any one is wondering how to reset the keyboard with more detail than provided in Taylord's snotty response, go to

System settings - language and input - prediction and correction - the click clear learned words... at the very bottom
    04-26-14 07:56 AM
    I think when you put the Z10, iphone5, HTC and galaxy close to each other, the Z10 is the less attractive.

Posted via CB10
    My white Z10 got a lot of attention when placed on my desk at work - moreso than my Z30 has.

I think the Z10 design is very elegant.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 08:43 AM
    My white Z10 got a lot of attention when placed on my desk at work - moreso than my Z30 has.

I think the Z10 design is very elegant.

Posted via CB10
    The HTC and the z10 white look alike so I don't understand. The iPhone I don't understand either how it's attractive

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    04-26-14 09:26 AM
    Most days I can get through the entire day on one charge, but a battery in the 2200 - 2400 mah would be nice.

I would not change the size of the device, it's perfect imo. Screen size? I like it the way it is, but wouldn't ***** if it were larger, as long as the device size didn't change. What I would like to see changed is internal flash memory, make it 32 or 64 GB, 16 is too small now days, and it really should have USB OTG.

Overall I love my Z10, it's an awesome device.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 10:17 AM
    The HTC and the z10 white look alike so I don't understand. The iPhone I don't understand either how it's attractive

A side by side picture:

Sorry Apple, The BlackBerry Z10 Is Hotter Than The iPhone | Gizmodo Australia

I like the chrome rim around the iphone as I like the stainless steel rim around my 9900. I like the fact that the screen is bordered by white instead of black.

The big deal with iphones are that many , many high end designed cases that you can buy. My daughter recently purchased an iphone and spent zero time into deciding which phone to buy and lots of time into deciding which case to purchase.

I love how the Porsche 9982 uses Stainless Steel. That is at least a premium look. I and many others would not mind paying iphone prices, if the phone had a similar look and feel (think high end VW vs Audi)
    04-26-14 10:29 AM
    A side by side picture:

Sorry Apple, The BlackBerry Z10 Is Hotter Than The iPhone | Gizmodo Australia

I like the chrome rim around the iphone as I like the stainless steel rim around my 9900. I like the fact that the screen is bordered by white instead of black.

The big deal with iphones are that many , many high end designed cases that you can buy. My daughter recently purchased an iphone and spent zero time into deciding which phone to buy and lots of time into deciding which case to purchase.

I love how the Porsche 9982 uses Stainless Steel. That is at least a premium look. I and many others would not mind paying iphone prices, if the phone had a similar look and feel (think high end VW vs Audi)
    Smh well there you have it. I phone side by side with z10. There was a recent thread on here which someone asks why BlackBerry users undervalue their products. Looking at those photos, let's say subjectively I found the 5 hotter, there's still not that much of a difference to have been ranting on the design ah

04-26-14 11:02 AM
96 ... 234