Engadget review said Z10 as solid, adequate and pleasing but did not stand out. So they're asking how would you change the Z10.

My suggestion is a bigger screen. I think the Z30 should've been launched first as Z10 was too close in size to the IPhone. Samsung deliberately made the Galaxy Series bigger than the IPhone as they know they can't compete at 4" to 4.5". Z10, unfortunately, was small for many Android users to consider as the trend in 2012 was bigger screens, thus the success of the S3. The Z10 should've been launched after the Z30, similar to what the Android makers do when they introduce the flagship model first then a Mini version with lower specs later in the year

"With the advent of touchscreen smartphones, BlackBerry lost its position as king of the mobile world. In response, the company bought QNX and hibernated, plotting a reinvention centered around BlackBerry 10. When the business emerged with the Z10, everyone knew that this was the device that the company's future relied upon -- and we know how that ended up. When we reviewed it, we found that every element of the hardware was solid, adequate and pleasing. Unfortunately for BlackBerry, nothing stood out as being better compared to the devices that launched in its stead, nullifying any attention the handset's big launch had garnered. It's been just over a year since the Z10 launched, so we thought we'd ask all of you what it's been like living with this device. Hop over to the forums and let's chat some BlackBerry"
    04-21-14 06:40 PM
    I saw that. Interesting.....

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 06:41 PM
    The only thing they REALLY got wrong was the battery. God it's awful. Double it and were good, even if it means a slightly thicker device. Besides, if it's thicker and everything is positioned differently, then the battery size wouldn't be so awkward so I couldn't imagine it being too thick.

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    04-21-14 06:43 PM
    Bigger battery, aside from that it's a perfectly fine device. The available apps is, for some, the weakest link in all BB devices not the devices themselves. Even the angriest of BlackBerry haters out there will struggle to find something bad to say about the hardware these days.
    04-21-14 06:44 PM
    Bigger battery, aside from that it's a perfectly fine device. The available apps is, for some, the weakest link in all BB devices not the devices themselves.
    The app situation isn't exactly related to the Z10 (as you said). Hardware, I'd be perfectly content with a larger battery. Software (other than apps), I don't think there are any huge issues. Does that mean it's perfect and I wouldn't change anything? No, but the battery is the only thing they really messed up on.

04-21-14 06:47 PM
    I actually don't see the battery on the Z10 as a negative since it's removable. I have no issues carrying a spare battery as I always carry one with my S4. At the time the Z10 was launched, I was looking for a bigger screen as I wanted to move up from my 4.5" LG. 0.4" more and I would've bought the Z10. The Z10 feels really good to hold compared to S4 but screen size won out.
    04-21-14 06:50 PM
    I think pushing the screen to 4.5 inches while keeping device size the same would be nice. Likewise a 2000-2200 map battery would be appreciated. Don't make it too big as the form factor is nice. The big problem with the S5 is it doesn't run BB10.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 06:52 PM
    I actually don't see the battery on the Z10 as a negative since it's removable. I have no issues carrying a spare battery as I always carry one with my S4. At the time the Z10 was launched, I was looking for a bigger screen as I wanted to move up from my 4.5" LG. 0.4" more and I would've bought the Z10. The Z10 feels really good to hold compared to S4 but screen size won out.
    People don't want to buy, charge and carry extra batteries. So it is a negative. For some maybe not as big a deal, but it definitely is a negative.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 06:53 PM
    I do find it funny that Engadget know considers the Z10 as a solid. Wow, did someone finally awake from there coma.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    04-21-14 06:54 PM
    04-21-14 06:56 PM
    I do find it funny that Engadget know considers the Z10 as a solid. Wow, did someone finally awake from there coma.

Posted via CB10
    From other reviews I've read when Z10 was launched, the reviews on sites like Phone Arena from what I can remember were actually good. It's the sales performance that gave the Z10 negative press and built up even more when the Quarterly reports came in. Maybe if the Q10 was launched first and earnings were better, the Z10 would've gotten more attention at launch. That's maybe.
    04-21-14 06:59 PM
    From other reviews I've read when Z10 was launched, the reviews on sites like Phone Arena from what I can remember were actually good. It's the sales performance that gave the Z10 negative press and built up even more when the Quarterly reports came in. Maybe if the Q10 was launched first and earnings were better, the Z10 would've gotten more attention at launch. That's maybe.
    Reviews for the Z10 I remember weren't negative, they were either average or above average. Nothing spectacular though for sure.

04-21-14 07:01 PM
    Make mine BlackBerry blue or developer model red, 2600 battery and a leather or std battery cover and we are good

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    04-21-14 07:03 PM
    i still don't know why people are always saying... what would you change about the z10 bigger....

get a z30 the z10 is perfect size for me... i don't want a huge screen...
    i think blaze nailed it... bigger battery should be number 1...

even for a follow up to the z10 i would leave the size along and up the spec...
    cman5, crucial bbq and tayl0rd like this.
    04-21-14 07:04 PM
    My Z30 is in an Otter Box, so when I hold my Z10 in its Incipio Dual Pro case, it feels a lot easier to hold and use. I still like my Z10 a lot, and just because I got my Z30, doesn't mean the Z10 feels any less great. It's just lighter and a little smaller.
    04-21-14 07:10 PM
    As hardware, a bigger battery. I think most agree that changing a battery isn't ideal or even pleasant. I opted for the Mugar 3600mAH and it lasts for at least 24 hours with moderate use. I have to fly naked though!
    While we are probs talking hardware, there's no getting around the fact that there are few native apps and the android ones are a) hard to install (Snap does require skills that the AVERAGE user does not have and 2) most android apps have some type of hiccup, either needing Google play to run fully , run haltingly or don't run at all. Half of the ones I use run reasonably. Fix that emulator and maybe substitute some code that directs Google Play calls to a similar function on Blackberry World and let the developers get some BB love!
    04-21-14 07:23 PM
    Battery and that's it and maybe a slightly better camera. And please don't anyone chime in here and say "I get 12 hours or greater on all day heavy usage." You don't, and the quicker you can come to realization that your battery sucks the happier you will be. Walk hug with it, swap all day with it, but don't try and tell us that you use it constantly and it last all day and well into the next. The battery sucks if you use it all and that is all there is to say about it.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    04-21-14 07:24 PM
    Reviews for the Z10 I remember weren't negative, they were either average or above average. Nothing spectacular though for sure.

Which in all fairness, is what the phone deserved.
    ajst222 and Xenolock like this.
    04-21-14 07:40 PM
    Which in all fairness, is what the phone deserved.
    Completely agree. The phone wasn't really anything special...just solid.

04-21-14 07:42 PM
    The Z10 for sure with better battery life. The size is comparable to my Droid Razr M that I am now using. I`m glad they didn`t make it huge because it is one of the better smaller devices available that isn`t an iPhone. One of the main reasons coincidently why I didn`t get a Z10 last summer was because of battery life. The Z10 also had the random reboot problem too. If the Z10 as a matter of fact had better battery life and released with 10.2.2 at the start things might have been different. As it stands now though it`s hardware and size is quite nice.
    04-21-14 07:55 PM
    I went to check out the z10 in best buy. I thought the screen looked washed out and the bezels were enormous.

Why so big a phone with such a tiny screen? Probably an inch of bezel on the bottom and top.

Initial impression was brick
    04-21-14 09:03 PM
    Battery. That's it.

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    04-21-14 09:06 PM
    From a hardware point of view - two things

- Better battery (as others have said) ... mine has gone in the toilet

- More storage ... app gap aside, there's still the reality that if you play games on your phone, many games on BlackBerry 10 and other platforms are now huge. 16 gb is too little in the world of Red Racer 3.
    lmsilvam and alternator77 like this.
    04-21-14 09:07 PM
    Battery and modernize the bezels. Outside of that, the Z10's a gem.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    04-21-14 09:10 PM
    Battery, that is all. The standard battery for Z10 is battery that was designed for legacy BB level of energy consumption, not a modern post 2010 smartphones.
    04-21-14 09:11 PM
96 123 ...