I love Blackberry, and throughout my professional life, I have ALWAYS had one.
    I consider idevices to be what they are....toys. I have an ipad, and it sucks for business.

Now I am hearing a lot of chatter (and lawsuit news articles) that talk of RIMS demise.

How they spent millions, when they should have spent billions to make the torch, and playbook world players, now they are foundering.

I understand RIM's future may hinge on the upcoming microsoft decision to partner with them, if not, they may be doomed.

Any thoughts?
    05-27-11 10:35 PM
    Lots of thoughts, check out many other posts the topic.

Bottom line, if you're still into Blackberry keep it regardless of the rumours.

My personal opinion, Microsoft will not buy out RIM.

Check out this article from 2008! They have been at it for a while now.
    Is Microsoft finally close to snatching up RIM? -- Engadget

I would also like to think that the Canadian government would step in and prevent the sale to happen as they recently did with another company.

Time will tell, but I'm inclined to say that RIM is safe.
    Last edited by SmakBerry; 05-27-11 at 10:44 PM.
    05-27-11 10:38 PM
    With a MS partnership or buyout, then RIM may not be financially doomed, but I would never buy one again. RIM is going to shrink here in he US in the short term but RIM is still a very rapidly expanding company globally. All these doom and gloom stories lately are hyped and premature IMHO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-11 10:55 PM
    Another useless thread. Its not necessary to start a new thread when this has been discussed numerous times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-11 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD