02-21-09 04:05 AM
36 12
tools
    Yes everyone, keep patting RIM on the back. Keep doing it so they will never, ever modernize their OS away from the pre-historic days of smart phones.
    02-20-09 06:21 PM
    Exactly, POE. I may be getting the quote wrong but it goes something like, "Competition breeds innovation..."

If people really thought RIM/BB was far superior than Apple/Palm/etc... they'd be lobbying for a change, not being satisfied with the "same 'ol, same 'ol" OS.
    02-20-09 06:24 PM
    Exactly, POE. I may be getting the quote wrong but it goes something like, "Competition breeds innovation..."

If people really thought RIM/BB was far superior than Apple/Palm/etc... they'd be lobbying for a change, not being satisfied with the "same 'ol, same 'ol" OS.
    This thread wouldn't have been started either... hehe (insecurity). What's the best thing to do to something/someone you don't like? Ignore it/them. Almost like this radio host that was in NY that everyone didn't like, but yet they would listen to him from start to finish. He was getting $$$ for haters, lol.

I noticed something, the OP started off with Palm for a very quick second and went off about the iPhone.

I for one love my BB and don't see myself leaving as you said because of bb msngr. Windows Mobile was running BB messenger... the day may come

The iPhone not being for corporations... I work for at&t and you should see how many companies are changing their stance on "no iPhone" and allowing end users to get them. It's ridiculous. In fact, even the corporations that still ban them, their end users are turning them into personal lines (meaning they would lose their discount and have to pay for it) just to get one.

Bottom line: RIM needs to get serious and do something new with their OS. Make-up isn't doing the job anymore. Worrying about applications and memory is getting old for me. The fight for an OS that does nothing but improve stability (no new features; until bb visual vm was spotted for at&t) is also old. A couple of years back I spoke to a RIM representative that stated RIM knows the OS is old, but in order to stop the leak, the would have to re-work the OS from the ground up and didn't want to lose ground by doing so. Nokia has been the Giant for the longest, but they are slowing losing market share, quarter after quarter. There is nothing new with Nokia; it's the same old OS with pretty colors.
    02-20-09 06:58 PM
    I do agree with changing the OS!
    02-20-09 07:02 PM
    You can basically sum up Duvi's post by saying its easier and quicker to patch up a leak, than to redo the waterworks. With a different device entering the market every quarter, be it from BB, Nokia, Motorola, its hard for a company to take 1/2 of its R&D department to focus on rebuilding the OS from the ground up. It could be that RIM is in the process of doing this but it will be a while before we see something revolutionary. Not to mention, being able to reverse engineer the change so that it can be deployed on older BBs.

As long as people need to be able to connect via phone, sms, email, or what have you Nokia, Blackberry, Motorola, Sony Erricson, Palm will still be around. The only question is who will end up merging, or being bought out. Just like way back when Nvidia bought out the suffering 3DFX, and gave birth to an unbelievable shift in graphic card architecture and performance.
    02-20-09 07:21 PM
    Indeed there is no phone or pda as powerful as a blackberry. Iphone is more of a media device but even still Berry's are just as good for media to me if not better. Berry works way better than iphone or windows mobile in my opinion. Blackberry is going nowhere and the main reason is no one has got close to the email capabilities of a blackberry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 10:40 PM
    Viva La Blackberry!!!
    02-20-09 11:45 PM
    there will never be an end to the blackberry....BLACKBERRY AND CB.COM FOR LIFE!!!
    02-20-09 11:54 PM
    I agree .....see BB's all day long...hardly ever see an IP!
    02-21-09 12:04 AM
    Blackberry is gonna stay.....FOREVER!!!!!!
    02-21-09 12:09 AM
    iphones are awesome,.. bb meh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 04:05 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD