I mate of mine got himself a htc tattoo with android os. I tested the push email against my old curve and he got the email first.

Sad day for bis users

Must say that was only testing gmail, not sure about other emails, maybe somebody else can enlighten us

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 01:53 PM
    I don't see how one test email and the slight difference in time dooms all BIS users.

You only tried it once and there are too many variables. It really doesn't tell you much.

I personally find it much more sad that there are people out there who are willing to get tattoos of OS and hardware brands.
    10-16-09 02:15 PM
    I don't see how one test email and the slight difference in time dooms all BIS users.

You only tried it once and there are too many variables. It really doesn't tell you much.

I personally find it much more sad that there are people out there who are willing to get tattoos of OS and hardware brands.
    I would have to agree with this. It is only one email. Who knows if other pushed email will be faster. I am sure that BIS users are safe. If BIS was really on its way out I am sure that RIM would be working to upgrade their systems. The US just got upgraded to 2.8 recently not sure about other countries.
    10-16-09 02:25 PM
    Lol hmm useless thread? :P jus sayin
    10-16-09 02:31 PM
    Push email used to be rims strong point, now android is catching up fast out of the box, and think how the rest of the os compares to rim's.

I tried a few emails before testing them at the same time. They all got to his phone in a matter of seconds.

My point is many people like myself went to blackberry for the need of fast email as that was our only choice. Not the case anymore, android seems very promising from a small business point of view.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD