Hi everyone !

I'd like to know something about the Q10 encryption. I know that I can encrypt every data from the internal "disk" to the micro SD.
    But, if I do a backup, will this backup be encrypted automatically because of the encryption setup of the q10 or must I check something on the software backup ?
    Thank you for your answers !
    04-13-14 08:43 PM
    Hi everyone !

I'd like to know something about the Q10 encryption. I know that I can encrypt every data from the internal "disk" to the micro SD.
    But, if I do a backup, will this backup be encrypted automatically because of the encryption setup of the q10 or must I check something on the software backup ?
    Thank you for your answers !
    Good question - your backups using blackberry link are automatically encrypted regardless of the settings you choose. In fact this is a requirement for current BB10 architecture to prevent piracy among other things.

Posted via CB from my LE
    flyingsolid likes this.
    04-13-14 09:50 PM
    Hi KermEd, thank you for answering.

I am planning to buy a Q10. Can't wait to place my order.
    But I need to make sure that the only way to read my encrypted data is on the phone only. Even if I do a backup using link, the data is still encrypted no matter what (assuming that I have password and device encrypted my Q10).

I am asking this question because of the #4 post of this thread : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-10-a-780836/

Here what he is saying :
    "You can choose to make your back up an encrypted version or not from BlackBerry Link. "

Use case :
    For example, let's say that I am at a friend's house and, for whatever reasons, I need to make a backup on his computer. I install link and connect my Q10 but, in the hurry, I forget to force link to do an encrypted backup. Since my Q10 is password and device encrypted, can the backup be restored on another device ? Will link uncrypt my data and store them unencrypted according to its setup ?
    04-14-14 07:33 PM