Well, I got the BOX for my replacement phone today. However, the box was empty. I called T-mobile up, and after spending plenty of time on the phone with them, they are shipping me a new phone for free. They are waiving all of the shipping fees. The pin of the missing phone is not in use, so it is just odd. I also added insurance to my phone, for $6 it is worth it. Who knows what might happen to my phone a year from now. It will come in handy I am sure !
    08-18-08 11:32 AM
    Was it a nice box, at least?
    08-18-08 11:35 AM
    Thats very odd!
    08-18-08 11:36 AM
    I would be furious after looking forward to a new phone then just getting the box.
    Weird, maybe they forgot to put it in the box

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Was it a nice box, at least?
    Not at all.

They are lucky I just woke up when the UPS guy opened my door and placed it in there. Otherwise I would have been really mad. I am not too upset, since well now the shipping is free, and at least my current Berry is still working. If it didn't work, then there would be problems!
    08-18-08 11:39 AM
    Totally empty?
    08-18-08 11:39 AM
    Totally empty?
    Well, it had the foam that the phone was suppose to be inbetween, and the return labels and such. Just not the phone itself.
    08-18-08 11:42 AM
    lol that's not nearly as funny as being totally empty
    08-18-08 11:45 AM
    Oh gosh...what a disappointment??? Hope your new one gets there soon.
    08-18-08 12:00 PM
    some UPS guy probably stole it, my ex used to do that when he worked in Fed Ex. I hope you get your berry soon! And you get to add insurance which is awesome, I dont have insurance on mine with ATT, so thats a plus for you! plus no shipping
    08-18-08 12:06 PM
    They must've given you the new "invisible" berry! Glad to hear they're sending you new one out though.
    08-18-08 12:09 PM
    The phone was there, you just couldn't see it.

oh wait... too many episodes of Month Python...
    08-18-08 12:13 PM
    i always worry about stuff like this happening....

08-18-08 12:22 PM
    Yea I would agree that someone probably stole it.

08-18-08 12:23 PM
    some UPS guy probably stole it, my ex used to do that when he worked in Fed Ex. I hope you get your berry soon! And you get to add insurance which is awesome, I dont have insurance on mine with ATT, so thats a plus for you! plus no shipping
    Yeah, that is what I am thinking. It had to of been stolen, there is really no other explanation for it.
    08-18-08 12:31 PM
    That stinks! good luck with the new one!
    08-18-08 01:12 PM
    OMG!! I'm sorry to hear that...hmm, I wonder who could be the culprit? That's not a good feeling at all to be expecting a replacement then only to receive an EMPTY box..wth!!! I would have been very disappointed!!

Hopefully, this time it's in the hands of an honest person and not a crook!! Keep your fingers crossed.
    08-18-08 04:04 PM
    Clearly they're shipping phones with the new "BB Invisible" theme already enabled, tricky tricky.

Seriously though that sucks, at least they're not pinning the problem on you and they're doing something about it!
    08-18-08 05:04 PM
    I hope that someone is going to investigate Fed Ex, if the records show that there was a phone in the box when it was shipped out, but it was gone when delivered.

Oh, and is there anyone who can sleep when they know their BlackBerry is due to be delivered?
    08-18-08 05:57 PM
    Wow that would have totally ruined my anticipation of getting a new berry that day! Glad they worked it out for you though.
    08-18-08 06:08 PM
    Wow, that is a shame. I'm sorry you have to wait longer for your phone.
    08-18-08 06:16 PM
    Well, I got the BOX for my replacement phone today. However, the box was empty. I called T-mobile up, and after spending plenty of time on the phone with them, they are shipping me a new phone for free. They are waiving all of the shipping fees. The pin of the missing phone is not in use, so it is just odd. I also added insurance to my phone, for $6 it is worth it. Who knows what might happen to my phone a year from now. It will come in handy I am sure !
    Wow, that is so weird. I wonder what actually happened to the phone.
    08-18-08 06:22 PM
    Wow that's crazy. Last summer I dropped my phone in the toilet n nextel insurance shipped me a new one but I wasn't home n never got it even though it said it was delivered. I went to work upstate at a camp but my family was home. My seven n zero buttons wouldn't work. I called n explain to nextel n they was like they can't ship a new phone till the locate the other one n file a claim with ups. I called ups like two days later n they never heard from nextel about it. So I had to file a claim n then wait for them to investigate. So I was stuck with a broken phone from june to august. Ups said the driver gave it to a man outside my house wth? Lol At that time they were building new houses next door so a lot of guys doing construction. Then the camp address was a p.o box so nextel insurance had to ship to my house n my mom mail it to me. Then they want to charge my phone bill for not returning the phone in june n it shut my services off. I had to call n get things straight. Then I had to mail my old phone to my mom so she can mail it back. So u lucky t mobile shipped u out a new phone the same day n didn't have to go thru wat I did lol

08-18-08 06:40 PM
    So many are assuming that the phone must have been stolen. The box itself would (normally) show signs of being opened and taped closed. No one can put tape on in the exact same spot as it was before.

Not once did the OP indicate that the box looked like it'd been tampered with & add to the fact that the PIN associated w/The phone she was supposed to receive is not even in use.

I'm more inclined to believe that the phone was never in the box.
    08-18-08 06:47 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD