Arose this morning to an "Upgrade Available" link on all my emails. Check it out!

Source

Changes made:

1. WiFi Connections: The most significant feature enhancement in this version is WiFi ! WiFi enabled devices can now download images over Wifi! Web registration and auto-update also will work over Wifi. Also added an option to download images using WiFi only and not use any other connection.

2. Toggle Name/Email Address: A new menu item to toggle between name and addresses of all the sender/recipients. You can also just press the shortcut key A for Qwerty devices.

3. Auto-expand Attachments under header

4. Added font smoothing to header fonts as well.

5. Single Click launch for URLs - For trackball based devices.

6. New Option: In the original EMV Std, there used to be an Option for link shortening - Full Link Address. This was with-held in the Pro with the assumption that almost everyone preferred the shortened links. However, we are re-introducing this feature as some users asked for it.

7. New Option: Added an option under Advanced options to set Strict/Lenient URL Parsing. Lenient parsing of urls allows { } etc in the urls which are technically disallowed.

8. In Appointments the default reminder is now set (to 15 minutes). Earlier you had to set the reminder everytime.

9. Hide the Registration screen if registered.

10. Images bigger than screen will occupy full width of the screen, and not lesser.

11. False positives for Smileys removed. Eg emailan@gmail.com will not show a smiley.

12. Declares itself as Pro in Empower Options > About :-) 

The information about update has been published and EMV AutoUpdate should tell you about the available update within next 24 hours. However, if you dont want to wait those 24 hours here is how to upgrade.

How to Upgrade Manually

This version is labeled 3.0.66.7 for OS 4.2.1 and higher. And labeled 3.0.6642.7 for OS 4.2. A release for 4.1 is will soon be made available.

To upgrade just point your BlackBerry browser to getempower.com/ota
    01-26-08 08:23 AM
    Thanks for the information on the update!
    01-27-08 02:24 AM
    Since I installed this program I can't open any attachments. Word, Excel, Pics, nothing! Thoughts?
    02-04-08 04:09 PM
    Are your attachments Office 03 or Office 07
    02-04-08 09:11 PM
    I bought this program and really like it but the one thing I don't like is that the shortcut key zero "0" to page down doesn't work very good. Also when opening an email ill scroll down but it will go right to the bottom of the email sometimes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-08 01:50 AM
    We use Office 03
    02-05-08 10:19 AM
    Have any of you with issues tried contacting Empower customer support? I've found them to be rather helpful in the past.
    02-05-08 02:09 PM
    I will check with them. Thanks
    02-08-08 01:09 PM
    there is a problem with opening attachments, but to no avail on contacting support. i just uninstalled my RIM attachment services and reinstalled. i don't get the convenient icon in the header for attachments now, but at least i can open them.
    03-01-08 09:26 AM
    Heard from Empower. See the dialog below. Most recent conversation last.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Since upgrading to the 3.0.66.7, I can no longer view attachments of any sort (office 03, .pdf, .txt)

As an immediate solution, I reinstalled the RIM attachment services to allow the OS to control the attachments. While this works, I don\'t have the convenient attachment icon in my header that Empower gave me. Have you guys looked into releasing an update to correct?

Hi,

1. Does it show [1 Attachments] below the header when a mail has attachments.
    2. When you scroll up to select the [1 Attachments], does is expand to show the list of attachments.
    3. When you open the menu, does it have an option named "Open Attachment"
    4. If not, select "Toggle Html/Text" to switch to text view.
    5. Does it show "Open Attachment" under text view?
    6. Scroll to the bottom of the message under text view. It will show the name and type of attachment. What does it show?

--
    Thanks & Regards,
    Team Empower
    Empower Your BlackBerry with HTML Email and BES MailBox

Thanks for responding. Weirdly, after I opened a couple of attachments (03 docs) after reinstalling the RIM attachment services, my attachments started back displaying in the header of Empower. However, I couldn't open them again. I received, "unrecognized document format" along with a red X. As long as the OS has ownership of the docs, it's okay, but when Empower handles them, they don't work.

To answer your questions though:

1. Does it show [1 Attachments] below the header when a mail has attachments.
    ***Yes

2. When you scroll up to select the [1 Attachments], does is expand to show the list of attachments.
    ****Yes

3. When you open the menu, does it have an option named "Open Attachment"
    ****Yes

4. If not, select "Toggle Html/Text" to switch to text view.
    ****N/A

5. Does it show "Open Attachment" under text view?

****N/A

6. Scroll to the bottom of the message under text view. It will show the name and type of attachment. What does it show?
    ****Tried 5&6 to answer this. It displays: application: BIBLICAL FASTING.doc (67k)

I appreciate your help! Thanks.

Kimberly

03-02-08 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD