Hello everyone! As everyone else, i too am very excited and pleased with the BIS upgrade that has brought about many great new features... the biggest IMO being a native HTML client for our email... Now as excited and pleased that I am with this upgrade there are a few things that i have noticed that im not so pleased about maybe its nit-picking but heres the Issue... Since i have owned a BB i have been enjoying HTML email via Empower Pro...As im sure many other members... programs like Empower and BBsmart allowed us to view great html email and with the AUTO-image download feature made html email viewing simple and enjoyable....and im curious if there is a setting to Automatically download images when opeing mail or if we are stuck having to click download images each and every time??
    now i know what many of you are thinking... "Pro.. stop being so F*****G lazy and just click the download image button when u open your mail and just be happy we got HTML Email"... And truthfully i agree its not that big of a deal i mean after all we have Native HTML email now! but i was just curious if those who are using Empower pro or BBsmart are gunna start using the Native email client or stick with their 3rd party app due to the added features these apps offer like auto load images and background colors etc etc??
    06-29-08 01:06 PM
    I"m debating right now. Mostly, I like the headings in different colors. I've said it on other posts and I'm starting to sound like a broken record. lol.

But I'm going to give it a couple days before I put EMV back on. I suggested in an indirect post to Ani that he could maybe strip down EMVP so it's just the heading and HTML email still come from RIM. =) I think people would still pay for that IMHO, I would.
    06-29-08 01:13 PM
    I've already deleted BBSMart Email Viewer. The native HTML viewer is much better. Having to manually download images is not a big deal for me.
    06-29-08 01:23 PM
    I am currently using OS 4.5.0.46 and am receiving HTML email on my Curve. Under the email options there is now an option to select "yes" for "Download Images Automatically".

I no longer need my Empower Pro.... but the emails look great!
    06-29-08 01:25 PM
    Remember that Empower and BBSmart weren't showing us real HTML email before. That was stripped and sanitized coming from the BES and BIS.

Now it'll be interesting to see when BBSmart and Empower go with their products. There is still a lot of improvement that can be done (as you've already noted) over the stock HTML feature set.
    06-29-08 01:25 PM
    I agree with many of the posts so far i too feel that the new HTML email is much better, but as also mentioned i am a fan of the font/size choice, colors and backgrounds, cache, and all the other cool features made available thru EMVP... i would hope that now with this BIS update done, that EMVP do an update of their own to maybe allow some of the awesome features they provide to just intergrate with the native HTML email...
    06-29-08 01:52 PM
    Don't mean to hijack the thread but i think this is on topic.

Since this is a bis update will email coming from your bes also have the html upgrade or will you still need to use empower or bbsmart?

Also, i was wondering about the comment above that empower and bbsmart were not true html. What is the difference to what the new bis is providing.

Obviously, I have not downloaded the new upgrade as i am with verizon and don't want to take a chance of messing with it until it is on their website.

Thanks for the responses.
    07-04-08 11:03 PM
    can anyone help answer my questions above. thanks.
    07-05-08 01:35 PM
    Don't mean to hijack the thread but i think this is on topic.

Since this is a bis update will email coming from your bes also have the html upgrade or will you still need to use empower or bbsmart?

Also, i was wondering about the comment above that empower and bbsmart were not true html. What is the difference to what the new bis is providing.

Obviously, I have not downloaded the new upgrade as i am with verizon and don't want to take a chance of messing with it until it is on their website.

Thanks for the responses.
    can anyone help with answers for the above Thanks!
    07-05-08 01:35 PM
    All you have to do is resend your service books to get the new BIS. There is nothing to download.

Back to the topic:

The new BIS 2.5 HTML Email blows away any of those programs, I have used them both. This is WAY better.
    07-05-08 01:41 PM
    Thanks for the information. Can you tell me how to resend the service books. Thanks.
    07-05-08 01:45 PM
    There is lots of information on this here on the forum...for T-Mobile you can login to your tmobile.com account, goto "setup internet e-mail" and theres a service books tab and a button where you can press "resend"

I am not sure how verizon.com works but there should be an option there for you...

Let me know if you cant find it.
    07-05-08 01:52 PM
    07-05-08 01:55 PM
    thanks for the information. I will check it out.
    07-05-08 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD