How can I disable my GPS when my employer is using it to track my position during my off-time?
    04-14-09 08:34 PM
    You talking about Field Force?
    04-14-09 08:48 PM
    How can I disable my GPS when my employer is using it to track my position during my off-time?
    Is there not a setting to toggle the GPS on/off, under settings?

OPTIONS> ADVANCED OPTIONS> GPS> GPS Services ... Location ON or Location Off

At least these options are selectable on my Curve.

Otherwise, if it's a company paid for phone and it was me, it would not leave the house with me if that was a "worry" of mine, during my off hours.
    04-14-09 09:19 PM
    If your device is on a BES server from work, may not happen they control the device and can lock you frfom changing the settings. Even if you do, work will know and will turn it back on. If keeps happening, I am sure you will be called on the carpet about it.

If not, you can turn it off by going in to options>advanced options>GPS and change GPS services to 911 only
    04-14-09 09:23 PM
    Yeah I doubt you will have much luck on it if it's a company phone. What would happen if you forgot to turn it on one day and they were trying to see where you were? I'm sure the boss man wouldn't be too happy about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD