Hi Everybody !

I am working for technical support (U fone Pakistan). We are facing issue that when ever any of customer dial our dedicated service help line it is connected to emergency help line of Police. Is there any way to change the hard codes emergency number in Blackberry.
    08-27-08 12:19 AM
    Changing the programmed 'emergency number' in a BB should only change the numbers which are *permitted* to call while the phone is locked or without SIM card. It would not change the routing of the call.

We have to guess here because you don't tell us the numbers involved, but it sounds like your helpline number (internal phone) starts with the same digits as the Police emergency number (external phone). In that case you need to educate your users. If this doesn't fit the problem please post back with more details.
    08-27-08 04:11 AM
    hi there,I'm having the same problem!

My phone is programmed to route my calls to the customer support to the police line.

My customer support number is 110 while the police line is supposed to be 121, so i dont know how to fix that, can anyone help please?
    04-28-10 07:18 PM
    Provider's voicemail number is 123 and police emergency is 119, but dialing 123 to check voicemail always ends up calling police emergency, on a completely unlocked Z10. Surely after being aware of this problem for years now BB has a fix for this???
    04-25-13 11:33 PM
    Blast from the past.

It must be a pretty isolated issue if it's this rarely reported.
    04-26-13 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD