I've gotten like my 20th Emergency Alert Test via email!? How do I shut it off!!!!!!
    11-21-12 01:27 PM
    A BBM friend of mine is having the same issue today...
    Open your email application, click the menu key, scroll to and select "Options", scroll to and select "Emergency Alert Messages" then un-check everything.
    The changes do not come into effect until you perform a battery pull afterwards.

HTH
    11-21-12 02:29 PM
    A BBM friend of mine is having the same issue today...
    Open your email application, click the menu key, scroll to and select "Options", scroll to and select "Emergency Alert Messages" then un-check everything.
    The changes do not come into effect until you perform a battery pull afterwards.

HTH
    This does not solve the problem.

The message that I just started getting about an hour ago, 2 at a time 3-5 minutes apart is ...

"Monthly Test Alert Message: This is a test of the Commercial Mobile Alert System. This is only a test."

By un-checking the boxes will prevent those message from coming through, not the test messages.
    11-21-12 02:33 PM
    This does not solve the problem.

The message that I just started getting about an hour ago, 2 at a time 3-5 minutes apart is ...

"Monthly Test Alert Message: This is a test of the Commercial Mobile Alert System. This is only a test."

By un-checking the boxes will prevent those message from coming through, not the test messages.
    Oh well. I tried.
    That's more than what was provided with over 30 views so far.

My friend indicated that off WiFi there were no longer any issues.

Good Luck!
    11-21-12 02:40 PM
    I am Brad's BBM contact he mentioned. I've been getting them all morning. Got off Wifi- ended. Not sure why WiFi is the issue.
    11-21-12 02:43 PM
    Definatley the method suggested above does not work. Messages keep coming 4 at a time every 5min or so. Very very annoying... Help plz!
    11-21-12 02:51 PM
    I called my cellular provider, T Mobile, they are working on it, I unchecked all the Alerts in email options like suggested, the presidential alert is locked in, I also shut off wifi, after reboot, so far,,,, OK.
    11-21-12 03:04 PM
    I called my cellular provider, T Mobile, they are working on it, I unchecked all the Alerts in email options like suggested, the presidential alert is locked in, I also shut off wifi, after reboot, so far,,,, OK.
    Glad to hear that!
    Hopefully the issue does not creep back up again for you.
    Seems very annoying.
    Enjoy!
    11-21-12 03:18 PM
    I am Brad's BBM contact he mentioned. I've been getting them all morning. Got off Wifi- ended. Not sure why WiFi is the issue.
    Great, this worked. Switched off WiFi, made a hard re-start and seems quiet for a while now. Hope it works for someone else too. Thanks
    11-21-12 03:36 PM
    I am having exactly the same issue, already called Tmobile 3 times and couldn't solve. I am going to try turn wifi off see if it works. Does it mean it will come back when wifi is on?

Also, is everybody here on T-mobile?
    11-21-12 03:45 PM
    Same issue.
    Also T-Mobile. Also on wifi

I thing we're starting to see a pattern...
    11-21-12 04:43 PM
    Yeah, I'm Tmo as well. Haven't turned my WiFi back on yet to check. Too busy to deal with it.
    11-21-12 04:51 PM
    Update:
    I turned wifi off and its been quiet. After an hour or so, I turned wifi on, and the alert went off right away!
    I turned wifi off again, quiet again. Now I am turning wifi back on, wish me luck guys.
    11-21-12 08:12 PM
    Also, I noticed that we all have bold 9900?
    11-21-12 08:17 PM
    Update:
    I turned wifi off and its been quiet. After an hour or so, I turned wifi on, and the alert went off right away!
    I turned wifi off again, quiet again. Now I am turning wifi back on, wish me luck guys.
    Yes, 5 minutes after I turned wifi back on, I got the FXXing alert!!!!
    This is annoying, who should be responsible for this issue? I have called Tmobile 3 times already today.
    11-21-12 08:22 PM
    Here is what I saw from blackberry support forum:

"T-Mobile Support has told me that RIM is testing the system and caused this issue. They said that it may take as long as 72 hr to resolve."
    11-21-12 08:25 PM
    F-ing tmo, i called them at noon, the "escalated"... whatever.
    i need wifi on for wifi calling at home, where there is no cell coverage.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-21-12 09:23 PM
    I've gotten 3-4 bursts of 3 at a time. Haven;t seen anything for a while now. Also on T-Mo

Also, I noticed that we all have bold 9900?
    Isn't this a only feature of OS7?
    11-21-12 09:39 PM
    I'm on Magenta as well.
    Been home all afternoon/evening after work.
    On WiFi the whole time.
    Never received any of these "test" messages. Not a single one.

All this is kinda weird to me...
    During hurricane #Sandy, I reported in another thread that I received well over 50 alerts.
    These were warnings not tests. So annoying that I had to turn them off as described above.
    Others posted that they have not received any at all and were questioning if it really worked or not.
    11-21-12 11:37 PM
    I have Tmo as well and the messages started going off about an hour ago.
    Turned of wifi and rebooted. So far it's been quiet
    11-22-12 05:43 AM
    Both my husband and I have Torch 9810s. We are also on T-Mobile. Because we use wi-fi for calling in our home, we just silenced our phones until the issue is corrected.
    11-22-12 06:59 AM
    I've said from the very beginning this is a bad idea.
    11-22-12 07:08 AM
    just switch off your wifi and it will stop. they need to get this fix asap
    11-22-12 09:49 AM
    Of course turning WiFi off will quell the messages, the phone won't have service because of T-Mo's lousy coverage area. I live within 2 miles of their Headquarters and I can only use the phone at home via WiFi and that's usually bad. Worked fine when UMA was still around, now it sucks
    11-22-12 10:35 AM
    Well at least they are aware of it and working on it, not like some buckhead don't know what is going on.
    11-22-12 10:52 AM
28 12