Are emails/sms messages really deleted from bb when user press delete key? Let's assume the email is from web mail.

I don't want anyone to hack into bb to retrieve data that are supposely deleted.
    07-13-08 05:34 PM
    Once you remove a message, it is gone. If you want it back... you have to get it from an older backup on your PC
    07-13-08 05:44 PM
    Are emails/sms messages really deleted from bb when user press delete key? Let's assume the email is from web mail.

I don't want anyone to hack into bb to retrieve data that are supposely deleted.
    Wonder why the reason for being so Paranoid?
    07-13-08 08:13 PM
    I'm sure if a hacker or cops got their hands on it and wanted to they could find out deleted data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 08:56 PM
    It may be deleted from your BB but wouldn't it still be on your server's or the other persons Berry. You know how they track e-mails through your server.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 09:06 PM
    I have mine set to delete it from my box if I delete it on my blackberry .... but yeah they obviously could track something if they were a cop using state of the art software lol.
    07-13-08 09:11 PM
    I lost all my SMSes today and have downloaded over 10 softwares claiming to be able to retrieve deleted SMSes and e-mails... including a few that were claimed to be used by cops and govt forensic scientists to nap drug dealers... in conclusion, it's no wonder there's still so much crack around and I'm still SMS-less...
    09-30-08 10:26 AM
    Do you know why you lost your messages? If you don't, it may happen again. The most common cause is low free memory. Check your Options / Status / File Free. If your number is less than 12 000 000 bytes, perform the Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. It'll help you recover wasted memory, so the problem will be less likely to recur.
    09-30-08 09:16 PM
    ...but just know that each carrier has their own retention policy.
    Some keep them on their servers for years and with the
    appropriate court orders those things YOU deleted may still be
    available to various law enforcement agencies or otherwise
    interested parties
    09-30-08 09:28 PM
    ...but just know that each carrier has their own retention policy.
    Some keep them on their servers for years and with the
    appropriate court orders those things YOU deleted may still be
    available to various law enforcement agencies or otherwise
    interested parties
    Oh God! I think I hear sirens...hehehe
    09-30-08 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD