Help...I recently purchased a BB Curve and set up my BB Desk Top Manager and Outlook 2007 using my Comcast email address. Emails are now going to Outlook, but not to the BB Curve or my Comcast email account..
    Last edited by jejacoby; 08-08-08 at 03:20 PM.
    08-08-08 03:14 PM
    resend service books
    Is outlook saving the messages on the server.
    08-08-08 03:23 PM
    Do you leave outlook open? If you do you need to set it up where a copy of the email is left on the server. Once the email is downloaded by Outlook the server is empty so there is nothing to sync to the BB. Hope this helps.
    08-08-08 03:28 PM
    Thanks..I am a real new at this, could you tell me how to set that up so it saves a message on the server. Also for some reason, some emails come through and others do not..Thoughts???
    08-08-08 03:39 PM
    So is it better to keep Outlook close? I am getting all of my emails on Outlook but some come to the BB and some do not and as stated before nothing is showing on Comcast.
    08-08-08 03:41 PM
    The reason nothing is on Comcast is because when outlook goes out to checjk for mail it downloads everything. You will get some on your berry while they sit on Comcast's server waiting for Outlook to download them.

To save a copy on Comcast, go into Outlook, tools, highlight the email address, right click & edit. Then in advanced options there is a check box for leave copy on server.

Or you can keep Outlook closed till you are ready to check your email (that is the option I would suggest). Hope this helps.
    08-08-08 04:09 PM
    Leave Outlook closed until you actually want to download your emails. You might look into a program called PopPeeper. It sits in your system's tray and will notify you when you have new email, allow you to read the email, but leave everything on the server until you run Outlook. It's what I use and it's a good solution. I, too, have Outlook 2007 and Comcast.
    Last edited by frasej; 08-11-08 at 03:06 PM. Reason: add url
    08-11-08 03:05 PM
    Setting Outlook up to leave a copy on the server is the best option I know of. When people call in saying they only get some of there emails the first thing we ask is if they're using Outlook and then check the delivery settings to make sure it's leaving a copy.
    08-12-08 10:16 AM
    I'm having the same issue and it started on Thurs (8/7). My Curve service is thru Sprint. I went so far as to disable Outlook from my Comcast account, but I still can't get email to arrive on my BB. I can send email from the BB and it gets to it's destination. I even set up an email account w/ Hotmail and could send and receive email. I have used a BB with Comcast for almost 2 years and have never run into this. The Comcast folks are clueless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    08-12-08 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD