Hello,
    I recently set up my wife's new Blackberry Pearl to sync with her yahoo email. I set up the sync directly on the device. So she now has a "yourname@yahoo.com" icon on her home screen.

However, after reading emails, they disappear?!? All read emails literally are deleting themselves. I've searched every option on the device and cant find any settings that would cause it to do this!

Would it have anything to do with the fact that she uses Outlook (on computer) to sync her emails as well??
    11-09-07 03:51 PM
    Its a possibilty that read emails disappears on the device because its removed from the yahoo server. This could be because her outlook is configured to remove emails from yahoo once downloaded to the computer. Check on the outlook on the computer.. Go to Tools -> Email Accounts -> Change Existing Email Account -> Change Yahoo account -> Select More Settings -> Go to the Advanced Tab -> make sure the item where it says that "leave a copy of messages on the server" is checked....

Just a suggestion
    11-10-07 01:20 AM
    Albeit the messages disappear, if you go to the 'messages' icon on the BlackBerry, are said emails there? They should be! Plus, one does not REALLY need that Yahoo! icon, since emails will show in 'messages', anyway...

Hello,
    I recently set up my wife's new Blackberry Pearl to sync with her yahoo email. I set up the sync directly on the device. So she now has a "yourname@yahoo.com" icon on her home screen.

However, after reading emails, they disappear?!? All read emails literally are deleting themselves. I've searched every option on the device and cant find any settings that would cause it to do this!

Would it have anything to do with the fact that she uses Outlook (on computer) to sync her emails as well??
    11-10-07 05:18 AM
    Any luck? I am having this same problem. I have had my blackberry for about 6 months now and the emails have been coming through absolutely fine. It is only in the last week or two that they have started being deleted. Sometimes before I even get to see who they are from (I have the alert on so I know when one comes through!)

I will try the advice regarding clicking the box - any other suggestions?
    12-11-07 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD