Okay here's my issue. I got a blackberry curve that was being used by someone else. they setup their email on the device but now i have it and i wanna setup my email. When i try to run the wizard, i get a message saying that there is already an existing email acount for my device. I went to options and deleted the email address from the service book but i still get the same error when i try to setup my email address on the device. What can i do to setup my email?
    06-23-09 07:02 PM
    If you know the previous owner, have them log in to the BIS site for your carrier and release the PIN:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/what...site-url-3187/

If that isn't an option, call your carrier and ask them the release the PIN on your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 07:06 PM
    My service provider said they can't do that, I'd definately have to get in touch with the previous owner. The funny thing is, I getting the person's emails. I gonns keep trying my service provider until I get someone who does it. I work in customer service so I know there has to be one agent who will crack and help me out. If anyone knows any other way, please let me know. Thanks for your advice xliderrider
    06-24-09 08:52 AM
    No problem.

If you can get in touch with the previous owner, tell them that you are getting their personal email. That would be a huge incentive for them to remove your device's PIN from their email accounts.
    06-24-09 10:39 AM
    If still no help from the person you bought phone from, start replying to his messages for him. I know that is harsh, but maybe that will be the kick he needs to actually release the Pin. But don't send mean messages. Send somehting like "I'm sorry to bother you, but I am receiving emails for XXXXX on the blackberry he sold me. Would you please ask him to contact me ASAP to help him resolve this issue."

Also, it could be a stolen Berry, and the person that sold it to you can't remove it from their BIS, because they don't HAVE BIS. Just a thought.
    06-24-09 10:54 AM
    I doubt it was stolen coz when I contacted the guy that sold me the phone, he emailed the original owner and because I am seeing the emails, it came to me on the phone. However, I don't understand how he taking so long bcoz he got the dteps to take and said he' take care of it by last night.

I may have to resort to the asdvice above to respond to his emails. Not sure if I cn be nice about it tho. I gonna email the seller again today and give them until the end of the day and see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 06:00 AM
    i'm stuck between the old owner saying she contacted cingular twice about the issue and my ISP still saying the phone on cingular network.Cingular said they removed it but i still cant get my email to setup. Isn't there any other for me to stop getting the message that another email account is already on the device???? I tried wiping and reseting the device (removing battery for a while) and they didn't work.

I need help coz i want email on my berry. Anyone?
    06-25-09 11:56 PM
    If it wont let you add via BIS, then it is still registered to another BIS account.

Are you still getting the emails?

Have you tried using the email setup app on the phone itself? That may let you in.
    06-26-09 09:38 PM
    I tried calling cingular myself but afeter being on the call for 35 minutes i get disconnected. Most of that 35 minutes was hold time and then to be disconnected. Are you guys sure there is no other way to get my PIN cleared? What about calling blackberry support line? Is there a number that i could call them versus calling cingular again?

I'm not sure what happened but now i'm getting another error message. the first message used to say that i cannot setup an email account because there is already one for my device. Now it is saying "Your account is not accessible via HTML browse. Please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Service. Please try again"

The funny thing is, i get that error when i am trying to use my blackberry device to setup my email. I didn't get that error before and i tried wiping the device as well as removing the battery but this error stil comes up. Any advice guys?
    06-29-09 04:28 PM
    My issue has been resolved. i didn't hear from the seller in a few days and so i decided to call cingular myself. the first time i called, i was on hold for over 20 minutes and i hung up. So i decided to call again this morning and spent 15 minutes to get my device PIN released.

the rep said that the email was removed and deactivated but the device PIN was still in the blackberry system and that they would need to remove it. Luckily, the owner had deaactivated the email before because the rep said that if that wasn't done, the original owner would have to call. So the original owner called and solved half my problem but i had to do it myslef and get the other half done.

Nonetheless, my berry is good to go. Thanx for all the advice i got on here. Time for me to start abusing my berry.
    06-30-09 04:09 PM
    Glad to hear you got the issue resolved.
    06-30-09 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD