I just got my first Blackberry yesterday. Its the new Pearl that came out this week.

Ok on my main screen I have messages and then I have my e-mail. When I get a new Yahoo! e-mail it shows up in both of these sections. How do I change that so the messages one is just like text messages and stuff? Not sure exactly what I did when setting it up.

I have other questions but will leave it to just that one right now.
    11-09-07 09:13 AM
    All emails, even if you have 1,2 or 10 accounts, go to MESSAGES! So, just hide the icon for the Yahoo! email...

Scroll to it, menu / hide...
    11-09-07 09:53 AM
    or you can separate your text from emails and you'll get a new folder on your desktop for SMS/MMS messages and you can hide your messages folder ....
    11-09-07 10:32 AM
    I am unable to seperate on my 8703e. OS4.1 do I need newer software and if so how do I update?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-07 10:48 AM
    dont know too much about the 8703e ... I'll try and look for an answer or hopefully someone will stop in that knows them
    11-09-07 10:53 AM
    So I added the new folder but how do I funnel the messages (SMS and mms) to this new folder?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-07 12:42 AM
    To just have one folder for all emails I will suggest naviwilliams solution and as to separating sms and mms on a different folder:

While in the Messages Folder
    Click on Menu -> Options -> General Options
    At the bottom you should see SMS and Email Inboxes --> Just have this separate...
    11-10-07 02:59 AM
    awesome, i found it. I had been in that folder before but missed it...

Thanks for the help!
    11-10-07 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD