A friend just got a Curve 2 and can't get Email to work. She can set up her accounts, and send Email, but is not able to receive. Sending service books, resetting accounts, battery pulls, all to no avail. On BIS, no filters, and permissions are set properly on the phone. Provider initially blamed her work email system which is IMAP (on Microsoft Exchange), but Yahoo not working either. She sent me an Email, and I replied, but she did not receive it. Does this sound like a hardware issue? It's not this hard to set up Email on a new BB.
    04-25-10 08:12 PM
    Hardware issue? How can it be hardware since she can send? Carrier and or RIM issue. Doubtful it is a mail provider issue since it is with 2 different providers.
    04-25-10 08:32 PM
    If you already tried re-setting up the email account, re-sent the service books and tried a battery pull, then I would take the phone to your service provider and have them look at it.
    04-25-10 08:39 PM
    That happened to me at first, and it happened to be that my BB data plan hadn't been activated yet. "How can I send mails, then?", I asked them...

I didn't really get a proper answer, but maybe you should just give it time. After that, resend books while pulling the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD