Hi,

I use an IMAP account with email from my university, but this is identical in use to Gmail.

Coming from a Palm Treo (palm OS) with a program called Snapper Mail (imap) I was able to have compete synchronization, ie,
    read on my desktop the treo showed the email read
    read on my treo the desktop showed the email read
    delete on my desktop the email is deleted from by treo
    delete on my treo the email is deleted from my desktop

This was my expectation when I moved to my Verizon Curve with BIS. What happens now is -
    read on my desktop the Bb does not show the email read
    read on my Bb the desktop shows the email read
    delete on my desktop the email is not deleted from my Bb
    delete on my Bb the email is not deleted from my desktop

There does not seem to be any way to have the Bb and my desktop to be mirror images of the inbox.
    There also does not seem to be any way to delete all or a group of the emails on my Bb except one at a time.

Any suggestions?
    Are there any third party apps that may provide solutions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 11:02 AM
    BIS does a very basic IMAP implementation and does not fully sync. Just not easily done on BIS with the way the BlackBerry currently works. What your seeing is a limitation of the IMAP implementation on BIS.

You can select multiple messages in a row, by holding down the shift key and scrolling. You can also delete all previous by highlighting a date and pressing Menu - Delete Prior.

Hope this helps a bit.
    12-13-08 11:10 AM
    In terms of deleting from my Bb, YES!
    Just wished it worked like the iPhone or my Treo and deleted on the server as well.

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 11:18 AM
    Agreed! The way that BIS works is one of my disappointments with the BlackBerry coming from Windows Mobile. Fun how the supposed email king has such limited email capability. The stability and battery life have made up for the email limitations for myself. I have gotten pretty used to just not using my home PC to check email and just use my Curve 98% of the time.
    12-13-08 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD