Haven't had much luck getting help on here lately, but will try with this issue.
    Side note: Looked through some recent questions posted, wondering if all the ppl who used to help in the past have left crackberry, So many unsolved questions.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...a-hub-1014708/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-sync-1000845/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...3-1-a-1018811/

Anyway, last shot at some help, this issue has to get working or bye bye z30
    Since I updated to 10.3.1.2744, my Z30 will stop retrieving emails from my personal roadrunner account. the only way I can get it to work, is to delete the account, let it automatically reset it up, then it will work for an hour or two. Then it stops. I've tried manually setting it up with the same settings as my Note 4 but it says the servers are wrong. I've tried setting it up like my email client on PC, but says the servers are wrong. The only way I can get it to work at all is to let it find the server settings (which oddly are different almost every time it refinds them. Sometimes "pop-server", sometimes mail.com, etc. ), but then it will work for a couple hours.

Anyone else have a weird issue like this with a pop mail account? It worked perfect on 10.2.
    ( I have also done a wipe and clean autoload, both using my backup, and not using my back up aka 3 hours of manually setting everything up)
    Last edited by ronpfid; 05-19-15 at 02:26 PM.
    05-19-15 02:12 PM
    Haven't had much luck getting help on here lately, but will try with this issue.
    [I]Side note: Looked through some recent questions posted, wondering if all the ppl who used to help in the past have left crackberry, So many unsolved questions.
    We are not being paid...and yes, it is a matter of luck, especially when the questions are obscure.
    I'm not US based and have no clue about Roadrunner, but if nothing else I can bump your thread.
    Anyway, last shot at some help, this issue has to get working or bye bye z30
    Since I updated to 10.3.1.2744, my Z30 will stop retrieving emails from my personal roadrunner account. the only way I can get it to work, is to delete the account, let it automatically reset it up, then it will work for an hour or two. Then it stops. I've tried manually setting it up with the same settings as my Note 4 but it says the servers are wrong. I've tried setting it up like my email client on PC, but says the servers are wrong. The only way I can get it to work at all is to let it find the server settings (which oddly are different almost every time it refinds them. Sometimes "pop-server", sometimes mail.com, etc. ), but then it will work for a couple hours.
    Anyone else have a weird issue like this with a pop mail account? It worked perfect on 10.2.
    ( I have also done a wipe and clean autoload, both using my backup, and not using my back up aka 3 hours of manually setting everything up)
    Have you tried the settings listed on the TWC website?
    What are the settings you are using that work on your Note4?
    Why are you using POP and not IMAP anyway? IMAP is generally better, especially if you have multiple devices.

let it automatically reset it up, then it will work for an hour or two. Then it stops.
    How does it stop? Is there an error message?
    05-19-15 03:59 PM
    Thanks, yes, I do know and yes agree, luck. Didn't mean to nag, just been literally unlucky getting help

Yes, it wont work with the settings from my Note or from PC or suggested on TW's website. Only when 'it' auto finds the servers, then it stops.
    Timewarner/roadrunner doesn't have imap servers. I know, it's absurd in this day and age, but pop is all they have.
    05-19-15 04:02 PM
    Yes, it wont work with the settings from my Note or from PC or suggested on TW's website. Only when 'it' auto finds the servers, then it stops.
    Timewarner/roadrunner doesn't have imap servers. I know, it's absurd in this day and age, but pop is all they have.
    Whatdyamean no IMAP servers, they list the IMAP connection details on the page I linked?

It is strange that the auto-find servers change, but surely they should all look like they come from TW/RR domains.

Edit: And I've just tested the IMAP server and it is indeed connectable.
    05-19-15 04:10 PM
    Unless they finally got Imap I check every couple months, theres a thread on their forum, ppl begging them to get Imap.

Yes, all the ones it go do are some version of twc rr, and all work for a few hours. 10.2 always worked do the kids g it must be some setting or option in 10.3.1 that's different
    05-19-15 04:20 PM
    Really? Roadrunner now(finally) has Imap????
    05-19-15 04:21 PM
    I'm just saying what I see. Nothing beats practical experience though. Try it and find out.
    05-19-15 04:27 PM
    There is this link. Which looks like POP only:
    Road Runner incoming (pop) and outgoing (smtp) mail servers | Email Questions

According to this link, TWC owns RR and has IMAP email. TWC that is, not RR.
    What are my incoming and outgoing mail server addresses? | Time Warner Cable

However, the bottom portion also has rr.com settings associated with the IMAP accounts.
    05-19-15 04:31 PM
    I will try, thanks for your help and time Away from home now, but will post back by tomorrow if it worked, thanks!
    05-19-15 04:35 PM
    I thinks it's fixed, here's is what looks like was happening. My Z30 had set itself to the imap (they call it mail.twc.com , I had no idea that was an imap server, all the ones I've seen actually say something like Imap.ect.ect), my PC was set to pop, apparantly when I'd gather mail with my Pc through the pop server, it would mark it and the blackberry thought it already gathered it or something so would ignore it. Once I set my PC and android to imap, now they all seem to be coordinated. I thought 10.3 was the culprit, but what it was, is that before, they had no imap servers so my z30 was set to pop, when I did the fresh install of 10.3, it found the imap servers and was the only device set that way.

Thanks for your help, if you would have mentioned imap, I never would have figured this out,

Thanks!
    Ron
    05-20-15 11:23 AM
    Cool. Glad you don't have to chuck your Z30 away.
    05-20-15 11:29 AM
    haha yes, me too. This phone makes me work to get things working on it, but at least one issue is solved!

The only thing it's not doing now is instant push, my PC and android are pushing fast, the messages show up instantly but my Z30 acts more like it's fetching at intervals even though push is set, but that's no biggie, it pushes my work account and this account is personal so not as important. I'd like it to push fast, but not a deal breaker
    05-20-15 11:37 AM