I have two accounts on my Blackberry Storm. Yahoo and Gmail. When I send an email from my gmail account (on phone or from PC), the sent message shows up as a new message on my phone. This does not happen with my yahoo account. How do we correct this? HELP!!!

Thanks.

Mike
    01-23-09 01:30 PM
    Mike,

There are some really good how to's on this topic. Try doing a search for 'receive copys of sent mail' and it will show you how to create the needed filter.

Hope this helps!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 01:35 PM
    Urgh,,,I tried and I couldn't find any.

This issues doesnt happen with Yahoo. I wonder why it's happening with Gmail.
    01-23-09 01:42 PM
    Log into your BIS site and setup a filter under the Gmail account to filter out messages sent from yourself (gmail). that will stop the messages from being forwarded to your BB.
    01-23-09 02:45 PM
    Read this how to:http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/

Then sign onto BIS (VZW) to create the filter: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    01-23-09 02:45 PM
    I have to ask. Why do you have to do this with a Gmail account and not yahoo?
    01-23-09 02:46 PM
    I have to ask. Why do you have to do this with a Gmail account and not yahoo?
    I do not have a good technical explaination but I believe it has something to do with the way Gmail displays your messages as "conversations" all in the inbox. so, when you reply to a message with Gmail it shows up in your Gmail inbox as part of the conversation. From an IMAP perspective it is as if you have two messages in the inbox even though on Gmail.com it is combined into a conversation.

If you do not like how it behaves you can try the Gmail mobile app that functions very much like Gmail.com.
    01-23-09 02:57 PM
    Thank you all for your help. I made the adjustments and it worked.
    01-23-09 03:16 PM
    Thank you all for your help. I made the adjustments and it worked.
    glad you got it working!
    01-23-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD