I'm thinking of setting up a blackberry.net email address and forwarding my personal email to it to avoid the 15-20 minute delays I get in delivery. I have a couple of questions regarding mail handling.
    1) I imagine I lose synchronization abilities with my personal address. Is this the case?
    2) Do emails all look like they came from me rather than the original sender, b/c every mail I get at blackberry.net will actually be a forward from myself?
    3) When I reply, does it reply to myself rather than the original sender?
    4) Are there other issues/differences that I haven't forseen?

None of my email really has to be seen instantly. It would be just a convenience thing. If this setup would be less robust, I'd probably just keep it the way it is. Thanks for your help.
    12-02-07 06:24 PM
    1. yes. syncronization with sent and delete items will not work wirelessly however i dont really know if your address gets syncronized right now...2.

2. emails looks like they came from the original sender.

3. when u reply it replys to the sender. I suggest u change the blackberry.net's reply to address to ur actual email address so when they reply to any emails sent from that blackberry address it goes back to ur original mailbox and gets frowarded as normal...

4. except for the delay and syncing i dont see any major difference... mails comes instanatly though
    12-02-07 06:35 PM
    1. yes. syncronization with sent and delete items will not work wirelessly however i dont really know if your address gets syncronized right now...2.

2. emails looks like they came from the original sender.

3. when u reply it replys to the sender. I suggest u change the blackberry.net's reply to address to ur actual email address so when they reply to any emails sent from that blackberry address it goes back to ur original mailbox and gets frowarded as normal...

4. except for the delay and syncing i dont see any major difference... mails comes instanatly though
    Thanks for the quick reply. My current synchronization works well for deletion/sending. Do the emails I reply to look like they came from blackberry.net? I understand that I can set the "reply to" to my personal address so that their replies will go there, but will the "from" field show blackberry.net or my personal address?
    12-02-07 06:54 PM
    This actually depends on the receipients mail box setting... On my lotus it says from my reply address but on my BlackBerry I can see the actuall address is blackberry.net and a different reply-to address...
    12-02-07 09:51 PM
    Just try anyways with your existing setup. You will receive double copies of emails but you can decide which one you prefer and you can remove whichever one u choose against....
    12-02-07 09:53 PM
    is the att.blackberry.net email address only accessible through your blackberry? or is there a way to check that same account online if you are away from your phone?
    12-04-07 01:36 AM
    So I did a two day trial running both my personal email as is, and that email being forwarded to blackberry.net. The results were mixed. I did routinely get mail quicker, by anywhere from 2 to 15 minutes. However, I still received my mail more quickly using Thunderbird than my BB, sometimes by 5 or 10 minutes. I also had a delivery failure through bb.net. This could be a consequence of my mail system, or by ATT's BIS system.

In my opinion and under my circumstances, I found that just using my normal email was sufficient, and I just turned off forwarding from my account. While it was nice to get my mail quicker, I didn't like the loss of sync between my BB and my mailbox.
    12-04-07 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD