My husband receives his work email on his blackberry. When he scrolls over the icon it does not show how many new emails he has; yet when he enters there are new emails there. How do I get it to show when he rolls over the icon?

nancy
    09-28-08 09:55 PM
    What theme is he using? I am using the BBDimension Zen theme. When I scroll over my messages icon, I don't see a new message counter either, when I'm on the Home Screen. The icon gets a red star, and there's a small yellow folder icon with red star and a counter that shows up at the top of the home screen. But the messages folder itself does not have a message count number on the home screen. It does have a message counter when I scroll over it on the Standby Screen. Perhaps that's what you are looking for?
    Last edited by JeffH; 09-28-08 at 10:52 PM. Reason: added info re standby screen
    09-28-08 10:49 PM
    He doesn't even get the red star. So he just tries to check when he thinks of it.

Gets the red star for his yahoo account which is also on his blackberry.

Any thoughts?

The theme he is using blue sky one
    10-01-08 09:50 PM
    Thanks for any help
    10-01-08 09:51 PM
    I hate to say this because I think its thrown out too easy, but do a battery reset. This had happened to me once and I did that and it hasn't happened since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 09:58 PM
    Thanks for any help

Go to his messages folder. Then hit the menu key and scroll to Options. Now go to General Options.

Display Message Count is set to 'Unread' for me.
    Display New Message Indicator is set to 'Yes'

If those are set to the above then...

Have you tried changing the theme to see if that does anything?
    10-01-08 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD