Is it possible to create an email distribution list using the address book on the bb? I can create groups but have not found a way to email all with one easy step. I am on bis not bes. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 12:00 PM
    I'm a little confused - you know how to create an email group (which sends an email to each member in the group), but you want to create a group that automatically includes all your contacts?

04-19-10 12:21 PM
    Sorry for being unclear. I know how to make a group in my contact list. Now sure how to turn that into an email group.

04-19-10 12:28 PM
    Any Group in your contact list that contains email addresses can be used. Just select the group name as the address in the To: field.
    04-19-10 12:38 PM
    Thanks. Does it matter if there are phone numbers in the group?

04-19-10 11:28 PM
    A group can only have one address per member. When you create the group, as you select each member, you select which of the member's addresses you want to use, if the member has more than one address. For example, I have two groups in my Address Book. The group named AAN has my wife's, daughter's, and son's mobile numbers. I use AAN to quickly SMS the same message to all three. I have a second group, AANe, which has their email addresses.

Note too that while Address Book groups look and act just like Outlook Distribution Lists, they do not sync with Outlook. If you want the same list on your desktop, you have to create and maintain it in both locations independently.

04-20-10 05:54 AM
    Jeff, does the same thing about not being able to replicate AB groups with Outlook also apply to Lotus Notes?
    06-14-10 06:54 AM
    I haven't used Lotus Notes, so I can't say. Perhaps another user will post the answer.

06-14-10 07:11 AM
    Okay, thanks. I'll start a new thread and put Lotus Notes in the subject.
    06-14-10 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD