I have a BB Curve 9600 and just last weekend upgraded to OS 5.x.

Every since then when I am starting entering someones name (first letter usually) to the email To: column I get suggestions for names that aren't even in my address book.

I'm not sure but they seem to be email contacts from other emails that are somewhere in the Messages application as a whole.

Is there a way to turn this off?

I don't want my phone to suggest anyone other than the people I have in my address book and if I want to include them in the suggestions I would simply add them in the address book.
    Since OS 5.x it seems to suggest names from anyone who has emailed me in the past that starts with a particular letter.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

A
    12-23-10 02:44 PM
    I have a BB Curve 9600 and just last weekend upgraded to OS 5.x.

Every since then when I am starting entering someones name (first letter usually) to the email To: column I get suggestions for names that aren't even in my address book.

I'm not sure but they seem to be email contacts from other emails that are somewhere in the Messages application as a whole.

Is there a way to turn this off?

I don't want my phone to suggest anyone other than the people I have in my address book and if I want to include them in the suggestions I would simply add them in the address book.
    Since OS 5.x it seems to suggest names from anyone who has emailed me in the past that starts with a particular letter.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

A
    I'm not sure if this will help Pure, but its the only thing I can think of unless someone else may come up with another idea.

Go into your email folder>scroll to the top>menu key>options>general options and scroll to the option for "Show Recent Contacts When Composing Email" this usually says YES, possibly changing it to NO may help what your trying to achieve.

Its worth a shot and hopefully will help
    12-23-10 05:49 PM
    That has GOT to be it.

Thanks a lot!!!

A
    12-23-10 07:03 PM
    That has GOT to be it.

Thanks a lot!!!

A
    ok, yw, and let me know if that does work for you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-10 07:31 PM