This is an AT&T Curve 8310 running 4.2.2.170

Tied into my work BES to sync Outlook email, calendar, etc.

The problem I'm having is that I have two "Messages" icons,
    one labeled just "Messages" and the other labeled with my
    personal e-mail address.

The one for my personal email (simple POP3 email) works just
    fine--- I see just my personal email. So far so good.

However, under Messages, I see both my business (BES) and
    personal messages. Definitely not want I want.

If I delete a personal message while in one mailbox (for want of
    a better term), it also disappears from the other, so these are
    a single copy being linked to from both 'boxes.'

I've tried setting up filters to keep the personal stuff out of
    the biz-box, based on To: address. To no avail.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to get my personal email
    out of my business email?
    10-27-08 01:16 PM
    Check to see if the Reconciliation option is on (Wireless Reconcile)
    10-27-08 01:29 PM
    The short answer is, you can't, not with the native software. By design, ALL messages go to the Messages Folder, as well as to their respective BIS inboxes. You can't turn this off. There is not a separate inbox for BES mail. BES only goes to the Messages Folder, where all the other mail also goes. So if you are on BES, there is no way to separate the Enterprise mail and the BIS mail. Some people choose to separate the SMS and email inboxes and hide the Messages folder. The other option (that I prefer) is to let the Message Folder be a one-stop-shop for all message traffic. I don't separate SMS and emails, and I hide the email inboxes. It's user preference, either way.

You are correct, it is a single message being shown in both locations, so deleting it from one will delete it from the other.

Here is a 3rd party app that will give you a BES mail box. I haven't used it. Empower your BlackBerry with HTML Email Viewer and BES MailBox
    10-27-08 01:29 PM
    The short answer is, you can't, not with the native software. By design, ALL messages go to the Messages Folder, as well as to their respective BIS inboxes. You can't turn this off. There is not a separate inbox for BES mail. BES only goes to the Messages Folder, where all the other mail also goes. So if you are on BES, there is no way to separate the Enterprise mail and the BIS mail. Some people choose to separate the SMS and email inboxes and hide the Messages folder. The other option (that I prefer) is to let the Message Folder be a one-stop-shop for all message traffic. I don't separate SMS and emails, and I hide the email inboxes. It's user preference, either way.

You are correct, it is a single message being shown in both locations, so deleting it from one will delete it from the other.

Here is a 3rd party app that will give you a BES mail box. I haven't used it. Empower your BlackBerry with HTML Email Viewer and BES MailBox
    Jeff - I just realized he is running 4.2XXX. Is your statement true with all OS's? When you have the reconcile option on, is this just for BIS email? Thanks
    10-27-08 01:33 PM
    As far as I know, it's true for all OS's. I haven't used anything higher than 4.2 either. It isn't a function of reconciliation, but rather where the messages are delivered.
    10-27-08 01:35 PM
    As far as I know, it's true for all OS's. I haven't used anything higher than 4.2 either. It isn't a function of reconciliation, but rather where the messages are delivered.
    Thanks Jeff and as always, "you the man".
    10-27-08 01:37 PM
    Thanks much.

I might try that app.
    10-27-08 01:53 PM
    Empower BES Mailbox has proven to be just the ticket. Goes right on and immediately begins to draw all the BES traffic to it. With that, and SMS separated out, everything is far more tidy.
    10-28-08 12:27 PM

I'm running v 4.5.0.102 and it's this way be design. There is no way to change it unless you use a 3rd party mail application
    10-28-08 12:30 PM
    Empower BES Mailbox has proven to be just the ticket. Goes right on and immediately begins to draw all the BES traffic to it. With that, and SMS separated out, everything is far more tidy.
    I downloaded the application as well, as a trial of course. I cant figure out how to create a separate mailbox or icon where the business email is separated from the "messages" folder.

HELP!!!
    11-06-08 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD