Got an email from blackberry.com that said I needed to update my password on one of my email accounts because I wasn't receiving my email.
    It said to log on to my BIS to update.
    I have been receiving my email.
    Has anyone else got one of these emails?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 09:40 AM
    i haven't. could be a scam i suppose.

i got an email from blackberry this morning about registering for WES 2009 and saving.

at the bottom of the email there was an option to unsubscibe.

i'd be careful abou the email you got! log into BIS and see if there are any messages there from bb.
    01-30-09 09:44 AM
    Nope. Nothing like that in my inbox.
    01-30-09 09:45 AM
    Yes, I get those every so often, if you log onto your BIS, you will see the account that needs to be validated, it will have a red symbol over it.
    01-30-09 09:46 AM
    Yes, I get those every so often, if you log onto your BIS, you will see the account that needs to be validated, it will have a red symbol over it.
    Yep, I've seen this as well. It seems like the "password" message is some sort of canned message to indicate there was a problem retrieving email. Most of the time (at least in the cases I've dealt with) it had nothing to do with a password and everything to do with connectivity issues (T1 line down in the office, no power for several hours, etc.) This message has become part of my introduction to blackberry mini-speech I do when a client/coworker gets a blackberry for the first time. (And sometimes they listen to me.)
    01-30-09 09:54 AM
    Thanks rach & applej that's what it was had to reenter password

01-30-09 10:39 AM
    This happened with me when I had my Hotmail account linked to my BB. I decidet that it would be too much of a pain to have to deal with this every 30-60 days so I dropped hotmail and signed up for gmail, and I couldn't be happier!!
    01-30-09 12:22 PM
    Hotmail makes you do this, and it is annoying, at least for me. I went back to Gmail. Not sure why anyone uses Hotmail.
    01-30-09 06:34 PM
    It was a comcast email account. Tho I will say the comcast is usually delayed at least by 5 - 10min where the gmail is just about instant

01-30-09 09:14 PM
    Yeah, my gmail comes to me almost instantly. It's really fantastic!!

01-30-09 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD