I don't even get the difference between bes and bis. However, I get my email within seconds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 09:04 AM
    i always get my emails in about 3-5 seconds from a @sbcglobal.net account i have at work. its possible that some extentions are pushed automatically.
    06-27-09 11:09 AM
    All mail is pushed automatically, it just depends on what type it is the speed it's pushed. As I said above webmails like hotmail, gmail, yahoo mail are constantly connected, IMAP mail supporting IMAP Idle is constantly connected and are therefore pushed instantly, any other mail types on BIS are pushed subject to the 15 minute and 3 minute checking rules.

I can't speak for BES as I don't have any experience of it but my understanding of BES is that it's instant the same way BIS is with webmail or IMAP Idle set ups.
    06-27-09 04:58 PM
    Hi

I have a BIS connection with a data plan, and really like the way email zips in after only 15 seconds or so after being sent.

But at certain times during the day, there can be a 15-30 minute delay before I get my email pushed to my phone.

I am in a position to check the mail system logs, and RIM accept the email straight away - but then it takes that long for it to be pushed to my phone.

Question: What is the "normal" delay to expect when someone sends you an email and RIM pushing it to your berry? Is this sort of service level I am experiencing something I should complain about?

It's pretty pointless to get back from somewhere to receive an email telling you to go somewhere else first. SMS gets there almost instantly - so why is BIS push email a 2nd class service? Is this done so you end up using SMS (which is income generating for the carrier!) instead of the flat rate data?
    I get mine almost immediately. Do you have a bb email address for your cell?
    06-27-09 05:15 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD