I am glad to hear it worked for you as well!
    07-28-08 08:15 PM
    I've had the same problem and I was determined to find "the" answer, since no one had come up with a straight solution as to why and what to do.

This solution is TESTED. I've deleted aol emails from my blackberry, then logged onto AOL 9.1, and my emails were still there, UNTOUCHED.

On your Blackberry:
    Click on the MAILBOX ICON.
    Click on the BLACKBERRY ICON key and scroll down to OPTIONS.
    Click on options. Scroll down to EMAIL RECONCILIATION.
    The screen should show "Message services" with your email accounts. When you come to this screen, one of your email accounts is already highlighted. If you press the trackball, you will then see the list of all your email accounts on your Blackberry. Scroll down to each aol email address to change options.

The problem child is "Wireless reconcile". Turn that OFF. Now what happens is no changes are made to the server it is retrieving from (AKA aol). This is my second day with this change and IT WORKS.
    Last edited by thevideoman; 09-02-08 at 07:37 PM.
    09-02-08 03:50 PM
    I don't know or use AOL, but if you use an email client with AOL on your PC, make sure you set it to Leave Mail on Server.
    In Outlook it's an Advanced setting in the Tools - Email Accounts - Advanced tab. You'll also have a option to delete emails that have been erased from your Outlook Deleted Items folder.
    Last edited by danzee; 09-08-08 at 07:46 AM.
    09-08-08 07:35 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD