Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Email accounts no longer work after phone number swap

I'm sure I'm not the first person to ever do this, but i wasn't able to find a similar thread by searching. If there is one, let me know.

I added a line to my Verizon account, and got a Blackberry Pearl 8130 for that line. Now that my 30 day return period is up, I have swapped the numbers of my Pearl and the phone I previously had on my main line.

The only problem is that all my email accounts have stopped working. And, when I go into Email Settings on the Pearl, it tells me that I have no accounts set up.

I assume this is because my accounts are identified by phone umber rather than ESN or something like that. My question is whether there's a way to fix this without deleting and re-creating all my email accounts, and thus losing all the mail that has already been pushed to my device.

Any thoughts?
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,256 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

Have Verizon swap the IMEI / Pin to the right account. Or manually add your email account(s), whether it be GMail, Yahoo, etc, etc. But if you're trying to use a @vzw.BlackBerry.net email address that you created previouslt, then that's another story...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

try to resend service books
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Resending the service books did it. I had to create my bis account at Blackberry first, and that's vendor-specific, but a quick call to Verizon support got my account created, so I could get all my email accounts set up again online, send the service books, and start getting mail again without losing all the messages already on my Pearl.

Thanks for the tips.