View Poll Results: Are you addicted to your BlackBerry?

Voters
745. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

540 72.48%
  • No

55 7.38%
  • Maybe

150 20.13%
    I am so addicted and I haven't even had this thing for a month. I check Crackberry.com like 100 times a day to read all the new posts. Use my BB to read and reply to my emails, browse the web, add calendar appointments, etc. when I'm at work and have my desktop computer right in front of me.
    12-10-07 03:39 PM
    Before I go to bed I always put the BB on phone only profile. I can't bring myself to turn it off totally though!
    12-10-07 03:50 PM
    Easiest way to pry me away from the crack is either good lookin women, or food even then it may have to be a combination of the 2! lol
    12-10-07 03:58 PM
    i play brickbreaker everywhere. including italy
    12-10-07 04:10 PM
    Well "addiction" is such a negative term....I prefer to say that I get complete utter enjoyment with the contant possbily unhealthy overuse of my blackberry. But I will say that it does get kinda bad when your child is asking when are you gonna cook dinner and you're in the middle of searching for new things on handango or CB....sad really but im in the process of teaching him to cook for himself. Im thinking that by the time he's ten, he should be a master chef.
    12-10-07 04:10 PM
    The easiest way to avoid the addiction is to ask the woman in your life to hold it when you're at a restaurant, recital, church, or the like. The scowl of a woman--especially when you're ignoring her or your child--puts you in your place.
    12-10-07 04:17 PM
    I sometimes hold it close to me while I sleep so I feel the vibrations.
    12-10-07 04:20 PM
    I text...all day - everyday.
    12-10-07 04:30 PM
    im not addicted to the pearl. I like it and so far its my favorite phone ive ever owned but to be addicted to an electronic device is just insane
    12-10-07 04:31 PM
    I'm definitely addicted, who wouldn't be. Whenever I get too neurotic with my BB, I just throw it under one end of the couch and sit at the other end.
    12-10-07 04:46 PM
    if you go camping you feel bad about having youre blackberry.. kinda ruins the solitude
    12-10-07 04:54 PM
    I'll admit that I'm very addicted...I'm so addicted that I've been trying to talk my friends into getting one.
    12-10-07 05:08 PM
    Mmm... My favourite BlackBerry Addiction story? That's going to be a short one..

I had a IT work colleague who had a Pearl, and I just HAD to get one... Then when I saw the Curve come out, I went gaga and called O2 up right then and there... And kept calling, and calling, and calling - Damn call-centres.. Thank the lord the calls were free! (It's amazing that you can actually get withdrawal symptoms, even if you have used something yet!!!)

The rest, as they say, is mystory! (No - It's not history; it's mine!)

Or - If I go out of the house and actually forget it, I get the jitters all day.. Seriously.. all bleeding day!

(Well - That wasn't that short, was it?)
    12-10-07 05:14 PM
    I just got my New 8130 and when you spend more time on your blackberry then anything else.... I think I know Im addicted. I have it with me always..... It is my downfall and yet is helps me in more ways then most things in my life.
    12-10-07 05:20 PM
    I am experiencing phantom rings & tones which is making me check my bb even when there is nothing new to read...
    12-10-07 05:28 PM
    Not yet, but getting there.
    12-10-07 05:32 PM
    i'm so addicted that i WON'T go into the bathroom to drop a deuce without my berry. Even if the battery is low, I will bring my charger and plug it up in the bathroom, lol... Admitting it is half the battle!!!
    This is my fiance's biggest complaint about my addiction. And for the record, she got me addicted, I just took it to the next level.
    12-10-07 05:34 PM
    i am not sure yet but my wife keeps telling me to stop playing with her BB.
    12-10-07 05:35 PM
    I spend a lot of time messaging....someone in the same room with me.
    12-10-07 05:50 PM
    This is my first BB(curve), and I am addicted. I certainly don't want a cure for my addiction. I love this thing, I took an IQ test a couple of days ago, after a couple of year hiatus; and sure enough my IQ has gone up. I would certainly attribute a point or two to BB use.
    12-10-07 06:03 PM
    I love my bb so much that i have my 7 year old hide it from me at dinner time or on movie night and pray that some one calls me so i can get it back.
    is that conciderd an addiction ?.....
    Last edited by CRZ4BB; 12-10-07 at 06:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    12-10-07 06:08 PM
    I'd have to say I am addicted to my blackberry.

I use it for calendar to put down school assignments and when I work.

I use it to make calls.

Class can get borings, so you gotta love them games.

GREAT texting. My god, I was missing out all this time and no one even told me...
    12-10-07 06:12 PM
    After having fed the family, prepared tomorrow's lunch for the crew, and thrown in a load of laundry, what's the first "me" thing I've done since leaving the office?

Well, I'm sitting here beside my extraordinarily beautiful 8310, glancing ever so frequently at her lovely complexion and curvaceous lines, while reading the Crackberry forums.

Addicted?

Ya think?
    12-10-07 06:27 PM
    Once you start on the crack there is no turning around. Its only time before they come out with an addiction patch to help try and break the addiction in people.
    12-10-07 06:28 PM
    If I can't fall asleep at night, I'm on my bb. The first thing I pick up in the morning is my bb. I think my significant other is jealous of my bb. that's sad, right?
    12-10-07 06:29 PM
712 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD