View Poll Results: Are you addicted to your BlackBerry?

Voters
745. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

540 72.48%
  • No

55 7.38%
  • Maybe

150 20.13%
    My advice would be to try not to spend too much time at work and put in enough time in your day to do the things you like doing. This will keep your mind off troublesome addictions like crackberry and crack. Alcohol I would put in the category of hobby rather than addiction.
    12-24-07 01:26 AM
    my only tip...it's not a tip, it's an enabling excuse, it's a multifunctional device, I use it for as many functions as possible, email, web info, camera, music, games, documents....heck, and it's only personal use, if my work gave me one...
    12-24-07 05:08 AM
    My favorite addiction story happened in Vegas. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. My tip to combat the siren call of your BB is use the Phone Only notification profile. Then I can choose when I want to check email.
    12-24-07 05:15 AM
    dont forget it at home or youll go nuts
    12-24-07 07:04 AM
    Yes I have it on me 24/7. Being a firefighter, taking it in to a buidling is crazy but I always have it on me, under my gear of course.
    12-24-07 07:42 AM
    Well I am still to new I think to have a good story the best ones I can offer is teh time I got all way to my destination, and relized I forgot it and left teh event just to run home and get it
    12-24-07 09:44 AM
    no question about it.
    12-24-07 11:13 AM
    Get a job you hate and give your email address to the biggest pest in the company. You will get over it real fast.. trust me.
    12-24-07 11:17 AM
    Just the other night, i had a dream about losing my blackberry in a lake. the rest of the dream was filled with all of my attempts to recover my beloved phone.
    12-24-07 12:51 PM
    i love blackberrys and when i get any customer looking for data phones i will sell them blackberry i sell around 40 to 65 berrys a month
    and i give my customers 10 free ringtones and 3 games they love it
    i have the curve 8310 Red and i don't think i can give it up for any other pda
    12-24-07 01:04 PM
    I have just had mine a lilttle while and already find that I can't seem to keep it out of my hand.
    12-24-07 01:23 PM
    Well, I hate to admit this, but I just got my blackberry last week and I ended up using the majority of my work day figuring it out / playing around with it. Now I'm trying to control the addiction!
    12-24-07 01:39 PM
    i just recently became a bb user so i dont hv a fav story yet but when you have a two yr old that keeps repeating herself until you repeat her back (so she knows you heard her of course ) its a pretty good way to avoid the over use...i must say i am addicted to it because it keeps my brain straight tho, my shopping lists, dr's appts, ph book, all the norms of being a single parent w/out a functioning brain
    12-24-07 01:43 PM
    Nah, but it is pretty cool!
    12-24-07 02:28 PM
    i just got my first BB, i cannot resist the urge to pick it up if i beeps. even if its the middle of the night or at work when i know i will get the email in like 2 min on my desktop, i have to reach for the bb.
    12-24-07 03:00 PM
    Nope! I like it though.
    12-24-07 03:17 PM
    The best way I found to avoid the addiction is not charge the damn thing which I ended up forcing myself for at least a couple hours without it or you can join a secret government sect that have strict policy on technology. I think the first one is much easier.
    12-24-07 05:02 PM
    I used to get a new phone about twice a year by purchasing them online, then selling mine......then I bought my first blackberry, and I haven't even came close to cheating on it since! The only phone I'd replace my BB with, is another newer and improved BB! You couldn't pay me to use an iPhone, (NO STEREO BLUETOOTH!) Nothing comes close to functionality or reliability!
    12-24-07 05:13 PM
    Of course I'm addicted to my BlackBerry er CrackBerry!! Why else would I be spending so much time on THE best BlackBerry forum on the net, with excellent MODs, and the most friendly and helpful Members. Why else would I spend so much time checking out alot of the other BB forums and BGR. And why else do I find myself on the forums at 3:30 or later in the morning! No wonder I'm in a daze most of the time. But I wouldn't have it any other way. So YES, I'm addicted. That's why we are CrackBerrys.

- CB
    12-24-07 06:23 PM
    Like Dasup said i think that most people are addicted to cell phones in general but tge BB makes it more addicting
    12-24-07 06:39 PM
    i check my email every five minutes or so I play brick breaker 10 times a day every day I stay on blackberry related sites for any tidbit of info on any thing berry related etc. etc.
    12-24-07 07:50 PM
    I'd say I was 3 months ago. But then I went away from my BB for a while (it broke on me). So I can say that I'm sober now.

I just got another one a couple of days ago. I'm sure I'll get addict to it again pretty soon!
    12-24-07 08:27 PM
    leave it in your backpack/purse/desk/car, whatever. then at the end of the day check out all the treats. im a student, so i do this all day usually when attending class.
    12-24-07 08:29 PM
    How to avoid blackberry addiction:

There is no way to avoid it...once it grabs ahold of you it's over, just know to keep it in moderation!
    12-24-07 08:56 PM
    The best way to avoid a blackberry addiction is to have access to your cable modem handy more often. :-) Spend plenty of time surfing and you can set the blackberry aside for a bit...as long as your connected...
    g888
    12-24-07 09:05 PM
712 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD