View Poll Results: Are you addicted to your BlackBerry?

Voters
745. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

540 72.48%
  • No

55 7.38%
  • Maybe

150 20.13%
01-01-08 01:32 AM
712 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    i got my first blackberry and i now i can't seem to get enough!
    the madness has began for me !
    12-20-07 05:14 PM
    Hmm... although I consider myself addicted to my CrackBerry (although not as extreme as a lot of people I know though), I usually have my fiance around to help me control my usage while at home. She'll usually chime in with a "you're always on your Blackberry" or "can't live without it, huh?" kind of comments, which prompt me to put it down and prove her wrong. At least for the immediate while
    12-20-07 05:22 PM
    I must admit, I'm addicted to the sweet calling of my crackberry
    12-20-07 05:30 PM
    one must remain calm while events whirl around you.

be at peace with oneself.

do not let things control you.

aaaahhhh forget it wheres my bb?

-db
    12-20-07 06:26 PM
    I used to take my Nintendo DS with me everywhere and pass the time. Now I leave it home and all I need is my BB!!!!
    12-20-07 06:28 PM
    Auto on/off can save your sanity.
    Or, in my case, the few remains left.
    12-20-07 07:32 PM
    I am not addicted. I can stop anytime I want. I just don't want to. Who are you to accuse me? You're not the boss of me. I hate you!
    12-20-07 07:41 PM
    A good tip to prevent (or further control I should say) addition is to turn off data services every once in a while.

I mean, somethings are just more important.
    12-20-07 08:18 PM
    Well, it's pretty safe to say that my addiction is contagious. I talked about my bby so much, and flaunted all the great capabilities that it has so much that my sister, her husband, and my boyfriend all ending up getting them and loving them too!
    12-20-07 08:42 PM
    BB on the crapper... my weakness...

best time to email old girlfriends that I haven't talked to in a while..
    12-20-07 09:17 PM
    i sleep with mine
    12-20-07 09:36 PM
    I have to try really hard not to play BrickBreaker whenever I get bored. Sometimes I'll start playing it when I'm with other people. Or I'll try to have a conversation while I stare at the bouncing ball. It's terrible.
    12-20-07 09:56 PM
    I say no, but don't ask my wife, kids, coworkers, etc.
    12-20-07 10:06 PM
    I've developed a mean roller-ball callus on my right thumb, and at least four times a week I find myself thinking about what order I'd like to have the folders in for better browsing. Oh, and is it wrong to bring all my pants to the tailor to have the pockets custom-shaped to delicately and perfectly cradle my curve? BB curve, that is!
    12-20-07 10:39 PM
    Well perhaps my biggest addiction story was when my phone recently broke. I felt so out of it jus because i went without my Blackberry for 2 days. I started to carry my laptop around the house and kept checking my email because I thought I would be missing something. I could not really think much (and that was bad because finals were coming up). When I called in and they said it would be shipped monday and i would recieve it tuesday, I constantly kept checking Fedex tracking. I even searched where the nearest Fedex was and put it in mapquest relative to my house so I could possiblity estimate the earliest time it would arrive at my house. When I finally got it back, it was like i got a new phone becaue i had to re-input everything since i stupidly did not put a backup.
    12-20-07 10:49 PM
    I risk losing my job everday because I just can't go without my Berry by my side.
    12-20-07 10:59 PM
    I got my first Blackberry before there was such a thing: it was actually a RIM 850 -- more a pager than a PDA, but it got me hooked.

From there, I begged and pleaded and whined until my employer upgraded me to an 857, leading to a complete breakdown of reason in my life, although I was very, very organized. I think it was at this point that I began developing a 10,000-line PERL program that ran on my workstation so I could check my behind-the-firewall email from my device. In a way, I wrote my own personal BES.

Addicted? Hardly begins to describe what I was.

My next stop, was the venerable, indestructible 6710. This one I had for more than three years. What a survivor! I had it so long and used it so much that all the chrome was worn off the plastic bezel around the screen. I used a silver Sharpie to dress it up so it didn't look so shabby. It was dropped on concrete, fell out of its holster and was ground into the sand under my heel while jumping off the swings at the park with my son... And then, one sad day in 2003, it got a full Quadruple Americano dumped on it. I took it apart, soaked the bits in distilled water and put it all back together -- and it worked!

But not before I got online and ordered a 7290. Oh. My. Stars... COLOR! SPEED! MEMORY! But was I satisfied with this, the pinnacle of Blackberry technology at the time?

Of course not. This year -- just a few months ago, after agonizing waiting -- I bought the Curve. Sleek, sexy, and RED! And shiny. And loud. And ... I have to stop and cool myself down now.

One day, I'll upgrade again, because my Kandy-colored streamlined baby will look dull and slow compared to some new bauble, but for the moment, I'll download all the new cool apps and try 'em out (and buy a few for it) and be happy.
    12-20-07 11:29 PM
    My addiction story is that I am getting those around me hooked so no one can say anything! I convinced my mom & brother that BB's are waaaaaaaay better than Treo's & they converted to Curve & 8800 respectively. I just so happened to be in charge of ordering PDA's for my department & what do you know ... everyone is getting BB's!
    12-21-07 01:11 AM
    I vote maybe...only because I got it yesterday. I have lurked here for a while and wanted to "educate" myself about BB before I got it.
    12-21-07 04:46 AM
    Well, not from a usage standpoint but I do get the phantom buzz on my belt...
    12-21-07 08:44 AM
    Addicted is such a strong word. I like it a lot and I use it a lot but am I addicted? I don't think so.
    12-21-07 09:11 AM
    i love it very much
    12-21-07 09:46 AM
    I have to delete photos/ringtones because I fill up the memory. It's a hassle!
    12-21-07 10:25 AM
    I start to get the shakes if I leave my BB in the other room.
    12-21-07 10:43 AM
    when you know you have a new message and can't check your phone
    12-21-07 11:20 AM
712 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD