What's the logic behind not having the ability to edit an email being forwarded on a berry?

I noticed that I don't have this functionality on my bold 9900 and I'm not sure why.

Any ideas if this is possible with blackberries?

Cheers.
    02-17-12 09:23 AM
    Buell,

Check out Email ++ app.

Gives you a lot of functionality. I LOVE the forward/reply with edit, but little things make it great, like the time adjustable popup/preview of incoming emails - let's me know if I can ignore or if I need to respond immediately. Tons of features i haven't even put to use yet.

Search CB for an article and review from the past few weeks, and you will be ready to pay the 2 or 3 dollars it costs.

I think the developer has a thread here somewhere, too.
    02-17-12 09:43 AM
    Thanks for the advice Doc. I'll take a look and if it does what I'm looking for then it's well worth the price.

Cheers!
    02-17-12 10:02 AM
    What's the logic behind not having the ability to edit an email being forwarded on a berry?

I'm not sure, but I think the logic was to conserve bandwidth. When you reply to an email with the original included, as I understand it the only thing that gets transmitted back to RIM's servers is your reply, and the whole message is reassembled by the servers. If you edit the included text, then the whole enchilada must be transmitted, contrary to RIM's "lean and mean" approach to data usage. Mike L was laughed at for his preoccupation with bandwidth and predictions of running out of it. He may have the last laugh.

That said, it was frustrating to me when I moved from SideKick to BB in early 2007. My SideKick not only let me edit included text, but it had several "smart" quotation styles that I could use, reflowing included text in front of nested '>' symbols etc. This sort of thing has been largely left behind now, but I guess there are still listservs that do it.
    02-17-12 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD