Does the phone just automatically switch back and forth, based on which reception is the strongest at the time, the EDGE network or your own WiFi? It'd be nice if you could set it up so that it only went to the EDGE network when WiFi isn't available or something like that (maybe you can do that?). Anyway, sorry for all the newb questions, just trying to get it set up! Thanks.
    05-23-09 05:04 PM
    You can set it to "wifi preferred," in your connection settings, then it'll use wifi whenever the signal is strong enough to do so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 05:12 PM
    The phone doesn't switch depending on what's stronger. If you have WiFi enabled on your phone and you have WiFi available, it'll use WiFi even if signal strength isn't as good as EDGE. If you have WiFi enabled and there's no WiFi signal available of course it'll automatically use EDGE instead.

05-23-09 05:13 PM
    It does automatically switch to you Wifi, if the wireless router has been added to your list in Connection Manager.... and your Wifi symbol will turn White when it's connected.
    05-23-09 05:14 PM
    Cool, I was just wondering because sometimes, when i get online from the blackberry at home (which has both the network and the WiFi), sometimes the up/down arrows that shows data is being received is next to the Edge network bars, and sometimes its next to WiFi. If what ya'll are saying is true, seems like it should only be next to the WiFi indicator while at home on the WiFi network...if im understanding this correctly.
    05-23-09 05:23 PM
    Go to Manage Connections/Mobile Network and change to Wifi or Mobile Network only depending on what you want.

05-23-09 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD