I have an 8330 and i was wondering if there was an application or something that will allow me to read ebooks on my BB...any help will be appreciated...Thanks
    04-25-09 05:41 PM
    Blackberry eBook Reader - Download the free Mobipocket eBook Reader software to read on your PDA and Smartphone.

I've heard good things about mobipocket

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 06:19 PM
    with that, is there a way to transfer ebooks that are already on your computer to the phone
    04-25-09 06:36 PM
    how about shortcovers?

Shortcovers - Read Free Books on your Blackberry Curve, Bold, or Storm

i haven't used it, but it looks pretty solid from the screenshots...
    04-25-09 07:58 PM
    I just don't see reading on such a small screen, something like a kindle would seem much better.
    04-25-09 08:01 PM
    eReader has an app... works pretty well.
    04-25-09 08:15 PM
    I have a kindle and I love, love, love it! So much better than reading on a back lit screen! You should check out feedbooks.com, it's a free site of downloadable ebooks (public domain & self published titles) and the guy that runs it is awesome, lots of info on the site for resources on formats and apps, maybe something there can help you.

04-25-09 08:32 PM
    Thanks for the resource the kindle 2 is on my list of gadgets I want.
    04-25-09 08:36 PM
    +1 for mobipocket. They also have a pc application that will allow you to convert ebooks in other formats like html or PDF to mobipocket format to put them on your BB.

You can customize the reader to make reading on the BB easier as well. Changing text and background colors, font sizes and styles.

04-25-09 09:08 PM
    If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, there is a Kindle reader application that is free from the Apple store. I love it. I wish they would make it for the BB
    04-25-09 09:12 PM
    I use the eReader simply because I started with that one when I had a palm and it carried over when I switched over to WM and now BB so my entire e-library is in that format. If I had to start anew with BB I'd probably pick a different one.

I had a customer show me his kindle the other day and I was impressed.

04-25-09 11:47 PM
    Wattpad.... I LOVE it.... And tottal free tons of books

04-26-09 01:01 AM
    Cnorton 09:36 PM Yesterday -- [Reply] [!!] Thanks for the resource the kindle 2 is on my list of gadgets I want.

Yep, the kindle 2 is what I have & I can't say enough good things about it. It really is an awesome device. Worth every penny if you ask me. The site I posted is awesome too, because although the kindle is basically just like a hard drive and super easy to move books to from your computer, this guy figured out a way to download OTA, just like amazon does. Well, and I appreciate that he's only using material that isn't copyrighted, and not "stealing" writer's work.

04-26-09 01:38 AM
    thanks for all the great responses...ill look into all of those things
    04-26-09 10:45 AM
    +1 for mobipocket. They also have a pc application that will allow you to convert ebooks in other formats like html or PDF to mobipocket format to put them on your BB.
    Thank you for this! I got a Blackberry Curve on Wednesday and I've been pulling my hair out trying to read eBooks that I've already got on my computer with bookmark functionality! This is perfect!
    05-10-09 03:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD